What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with IOS 6?

millerbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have owned the "new" Ipad since March and it has worked fine. Last month, I updated to IOS 6. Everything seemed fine. This past Wednesday 10/3, I could not update Apps or access the App store. Contacted Apple Care under my extended support arrangement. I spent 1 1/2 hours with tech support and the final "answer" was to reset the Ipad back to factory settings. Following the techies advice, this elimiated all my Apps which when reloaded from Itunes came in one by one with no organization. A royal pain...however, other than the inconvenience, everything seemed to be working fine. Until today, when I could not access mail, apps, the internet, etc. Contacted Apple Care again and this time they suggested we reset the network settings. This fixed the problem, but I'm not pleased the device is locking up. When I inquired why these things might be happening. i was informed that an update to IOS 6 to fix any bugs will be issued shortly. No idea if this is true or not, but I feel as if I'm dealing with Microsoft. By the way, my Iphone and PC work fine over the wifi network and have zero issues.

Anyone have any input or similar issues?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Yep, ios 6 has issues, so much that Tim Cook, Apple's CEO had to issue a public apology......

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have experienced no issues whatsoever, besides App Store being a bit sluggish at times.

Sent from my MacBook using Chromium

borderjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I had same prob. Had my new Ipad since March too. Then a week or so after updating to IOS6, my access to App store went and Wi Fi kept going. Forum help led me to answer...Settings, General, Reset...easier than what the Apple lot got you to do? I'm a real Newbie, mind. I keep posting cos my Autofill in Safari went once I got IOS6...really frustrating!...and I get probs with Jasmine and video streaming. What about you?

OP
M

millerbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use Jasmine...no other problems noted with streaming video. The reset networks works when I am having wifi problems, but does not fix the Cannot connect to Itunes. Looks like the problem has surfaced again.

Did Microsoft take over managing Apple?

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm 99.9999% satisfied with iOS6 and am a happy iPad 3 owner.
I had been hopeful that the update would repair, but did not!
My only real gripe is, and this has been an issue since day one with this new , my second iPad 3.
Using Yahoo, in their Image section, when I tap on a pic, it loads way over exposed, then shrinks back to normal size, but closes the Safari window and takes me back to the home screen. Sometimes it actually crashes the iPad and opens the iPad back to the revolving little star, then I have to slide the lock screen button to reopen it.

Very aggravating behavior, and I can't seem to find the cause or a fix.
It doesn't happen with Google, but I don't like their system, when a pic is tapped, it brings up that annoying sliding wheel of photos. Which is of no use to me.

Chas

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Infact I have experienced better download speeds after the IOS 6 update. The appstore gets sluggish at times but it makes up by the much improved search engine in it! Loving IOS 6, Loving Apple! (I never used maps so I cannot comment on it, which I have heard have gone bad after the update!)

kuyarawa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is just me or anyone had an issue with ios6 battery life? My ipad drain battery much faster after updating to ios6 :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is just me or anyone had an issue with ios6 battery life? My ipad drain battery much faster after updating to ios6 :(

You should never be experiencing significant additional battery drain after installation of a new OS. If you are, it indicates a problem with the upgrade process.

You are best adviced to take a backup, restore the device using iTunes with a clean install of IOS 6, then restore your backup and allow your content to sync on there again from iTunes.

That normally gets rid of any problems that occurred due to the update process, which doesn't always deal with all the little anomalies which can be on each persons device after using it for a while :D

Good luck.

kuyarawa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should never be experiencing significant additional battery drain after installation of a new OS. If you are, it indicates a problem with the upgrade process.

You are best adviced to take a backup, restore the device using iTunes with a clean install of IOS 6, then restore your backup and allow your content to sync on there again from iTunes.

That normally gets rid of any problems that occurred due to the update process, which doesn't always deal with all the little anomalies which can be on each persons device after using it for a while :D

Good luck.

I do exactly as you said last night, backup > restore device via itunes for a clean install of ios6 > restore backup > sync content again.
After finish everything, I just leave my ipad charged until morning (battery 100% charged). And I'm using my ipad as usual.
And now 3:00 pm here (8 hours with battery) the battery indicator say 95% which is much better that yesterday. This is work! Thanks for advice! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And now 3:00 pm here (8 hours with battery) the battery indicator say 95% which is much better that yesterday. This is work! Thanks for advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Good to see that. The iPad is one of the best tablets you can buy as far as battery life is concerned. After about 4 hours use every day, I recharge every second day with about 40% still remaining. Not too shabby!

Also a good idea to at least once a month run down a fully charged battery to say 10 to 20% and recharge again. This gives a more accurate reporting of the battery's state of charge as shown at the top of the screen. ( That teaches those little lithiums or polymers or ions, whatever they are called, to shape up and get into line:D)
Regards,Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts