What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problems with iBooks

laurell99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I started iBooks on my ipad2 3g 64 latest OS. unfortunately the bookshelves were empty and after 2 seconds it crashed to black and then back to home page. This happened on each occasion I started it. I pluded into into iTunes (latest version) and my books folder showed empty. Today I restored the system (5 hours ) but it's more or less the same except now the books show for 2 mins and then goes to black and then homepage. Whats happened. I've looked thru' the previous but don't fine this problem

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It certainly seems strange that this is happening after a restore. But the first step to do when an app behaves strangely is to close it completely and then relaunch it.
From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. See if it's working now?

If not I think a reset is in order. Hold the power off button ( the one on the top of your ipad) and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

Most reactions

Latest posts