What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems transfering apps from itunes to ipad

NiTi2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum.

I had downloaded a couple of apps on my computer and tried to transfer them to my ipad 2 (jailbroken 5.1.1) but evertime I try it says "waiting for sync to start" and then it finishes up quickly without the apps being on my ipad 2.

It has always worked on my imac but im out of town and only have a windows laptop with me, and this is the first time I tried to transfer apps with my laptop.

Anyone know why it's not working and how I can fix it?

Kathyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this issue many times and honestly can't remember how I fixed it. I think that I reinstalled itunes. I believe that I even backed up the songs deleted them from the itunes, reinstalled and then it worked. I have never been a big fan of iTunes honestly :( Good luck

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum.

I had downloaded a couple of apps on my computer and tried to transfer them to my ipad 2 (jailbroken 5.1.1) but evertime I try it says "waiting for sync to start" and then it finishes up quickly without the apps being on my ipad 2.

It has always worked on my imac but im out of town and only have a windows laptop with me, and this is the first time I tried to transfer apps with my laptop.

Anyone know why it's not working and how I can fix it?

The easiest thing (since you're having trouble with iTunes syncing) is to go to the App Store and download the apps directly to the iPad. Sometimes, you just got to do it that way...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you connect your iDevice, go to the Apps "tab" and click "Sync Aplication" Box and then once it applies, it should start syncing. Or if it doesn't click on Sync on Summary page.

Or unplug device, restart itunes entirely (quit), and plug device back in.

Or you might be modifying start up programs that messed with the iDevice's syncing.

Or you could have whatsapp app downloaded and prevented you from syncing.

*not trying to insult your intelligence, but it could work.

Most reactions

Latest posts