What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Syncing.. what should I do?

zagafryon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad today which my mom bought in HongKong..
so naturally, I'd want to sync it with my computer..

but everytime I would sync it, this is what happens
it starts off okay.. but right after step 1, which is backing up the files
A window pops-up saying
"iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
I figured, it was no problem since the music I had playing was still playing, and I could even change songs...
but after a few minutes, I realized that it's no longer syncing..

What should I do?
I've already tried redownloading iTunes :(

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First you should REBOOT your computer, then RESET (Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot.) Then try again and DO NOT play music or do anything else on the iPad or iTunes while Syncing. BTW, RESET will clear many weird problems on iDevices.

Hope this helps.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zagafryon, as Pocobear said, do the REBOOT, and RESET.
All after that I think you can turn to this detailed sync guide "Sync Content to the iPad with iTunes", I just accomplished my syncs followed it.

Hope can do some help for you too ;)

Most reactions