1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Cannot sync iPad with PC. 5 different error messages!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by shigaugi, Oct 1, 2011.

1. shigaugi

shigaugi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whenever I try to sync the iPad with my PC (win XP) I get 5 different error messages, one after the other in this order:

- SyncServer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- MobileDeviceHelper has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- MobileBackup has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- MDCrashReportTool has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- iTunes could not back up the iPad because the backup session failed.

And the iPad doesn't sync of course.
    I tried uninstalling and re-installing the latest version of iTunes (10.4.1.10), hard-reset of the iPad, reset sync history, installing older versions of iTunes. Nothing seems to work.

Anyone can help?
    Thank you
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Two questions..

Is this a new problem, or have you encountered it before?
    Do you have a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows XP. There are incompatibilities with the 64-bit version.

Tim
  3. shigaugi

shigaugi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Tim

This is a new iPad, and it never got synced correctly even once.
    When I first attached it to the PC (32 bit), iTunes prompted that it needs to update, so I updated it to the latest version.
    And the problems started since.

One thing to note:
    Even when the iPad is unplugged and I try to erase sync history, I get the SyncServer process termination error, so I guess the problem is within iTunes itself and not the iPad.

Any suggestions?