What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot sync iPad with PC. 5 different error messages!

shigaugi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever I try to sync the iPad with my PC (win XP) I get 5 different error messages, one after the other in this order:

- SyncServer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- MobileDeviceHelper has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- MobileBackup has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- MDCrashReportTool has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

- iTunes could not back up the iPad because the backup session failed.

And the iPad doesn't sync of course.
I tried uninstalling and re-installing the latest version of iTunes (10.4.1.10), hard-reset of the iPad, reset sync history, installing older versions of iTunes. Nothing seems to work.

Anyone can help?
Thank you

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two questions..

Is this a new problem, or have you encountered it before?
Do you have a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows XP. There are incompatibilities with the 64-bit version.

Tim

OP
S

shigaugi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim

This is a new iPad, and it never got synced correctly even once.
When I first attached it to the PC (32 bit), iTunes prompted that it needs to update, so I updated it to the latest version.
And the problems started since.

One thing to note:
Even when the iPad is unplugged and I try to erase sync history, I get the SyncServer process termination error, so I guess the problem is within iTunes itself and not the iPad.

Any suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts