problem ipad not connecting to itunes

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Davnici, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Davnici

Davnici
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, I tried resetting it again now there is a mobilesubstrate issue. The problem is that whenever I boot I get the mobilesubstrate safe mode. If I boot while holding the volume+ button the iPad boots normally without mobilesubstrate safe mode no cydia or any cydia apps in my homescreen. However the device is still jailbroken. The problem is that I cannot remove mobilsubstrate from because cydia is nowhere to be found on my homescreen. More importantly, my iPad still doesn't connect to my PC on iTunes which means resetting it the iPad is not the issue.

2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    When the iPad is in "normal" mode (not in any of the mobile substrate modes) - does it work fine other than the fact you can not connect it to iTunes/your computer?

If you can get to Cydia, maybe you could try installing a recovery tool such as iLex R.A.T. This will aid you in restting the iPad - but NOT upgrading the iOS. Take a look at this link to see if this might be something that will help: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/w...oring-and-rejailbreaking.107529/#post-1024264

Other than an upgrade to iOS 8.1, which I thoroughly understand is NOT something you want to do, I'm afraid I'm out of options.

So, I'm moving this thread over to the Hacking section as your iPad is jailbroken. Maybe some of our experts in jailbreaking will see this an be able to give more assistance...

Marilyn

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Attempt to run SemiRestore through your computer. Assuming you have OpenSSH on your device already, you should have no problems running SemiRestore as OpenSSH is not Substrate dependent.

On the basis that you can access a web server through iFile, you can attempt to transfer an ILEX RAT deb to your device, install it through terminal or iFile, reboot, and attempt to run the rat command using terminal on your device or through your computer. SemiRestore is a bit more convenient in this case.

If using SemiRestore or ILEX RAT, it's best to remove your passcode as they do require access to the springboard.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List