What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem ipad not connecting to itunes

Davnici

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello iPaders,
recently, when I connect my iPad to my iTunes it asks me to trust this computer and I choose the option. Still iPad is never connected to iTunes consequently can't even use third party softwares like iTools or iFunbox. I tried all the methods in the apple website and googled all the possible reasons. I even completely uninstalled iTunes and all Apple softwares from my PC still, no luck! Please help!!
P.S: restoring my iPad is out of the question.
Thank you!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello iPaders,
recently, when I connect my iPad to my iTunes it asks me to trust this computer and I choose the option. Still iPad is never connected to iTunes consequently can't even use third party softwares like iTools or iFunbox. I tried all the methods in the apple website and googled all the possible reasons. I even completely uninstalled iTunes and all Apple softwares from my PC still, no luck! Please help!!
P.S: restoring my iPad is out of the question.
Thank you!
I've deleted the duplicate post you made in the iPad 4 forum. Besides fracturing any resulting conversation on this topic, making it hard to follow, duplicate posting is against our rules.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The problem here is that I don't know if your everything is more or less than my everything. Could you please list the things you've tried. It's possible that I, or someone else, might have one more everything, thing, that you can try. :)

And that way we don't just keep telling to you do the same things over and over again. Well, hopefully not. We might tell you to try a specific thing over again. Sometimes pressing the same button over and over again works, as any good lab rat knows.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi! Can you please tell what OS your PC runs? I had a Windows 7 and it takes lots of time to recognize some connected device. After 3-7 minutes, it displays a message and it finally connects.

OP
Davnici

Davnici

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem here is that I don't know if your everything is more or less than my everything. Could you please list the things you've tried. It's possible that I, or someone else, might have one more everything, thing, that you can try. :)

And that way we don't just keep telling to you do the same things over and over again. Well, hopefully not. We might tell you to try a specific thing over again. Sometimes pressing the same button over and over again works, as any good lab rat knows.
Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I'm on windows 7 64 bit.
I tried turn it the ipad off and back on. I tried Apple's suggestions on their page dedicated to solve this issue i.e delete all Apple softwares and services reboot and download a fresh version and install it. No luck.
Other iDevices connect to my PC with no problems. And no the problem is not in my ipad or cable because my ipad connects to other PCs no problem. This bug is experienced by many iDevices users and the only solution they say is to reset all setting. And NO THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION in my opinion this is a major bug.
Any further suggestions are kindly required.
Sincerely,

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm far from an expert in Windows, but it sounds like the problem is with the iPad, and you may have to do that restore; if you need the iPad to work with that computer.

If you have an iCloud backup you have a good chance of getting the iPad back to where it was before the restore; but it's always wise to go through your apps and save any important documents or pictures off the iPad before hand.

If your computer has more than one USB port, be sure you've tried them all. No idea why, but sometimes it does make a difference.

In case you missed any, here are all the usual fixes. The ones that do not risk your data on the iPad. Even if you've done them before it won't hurt to give them another try.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking. Do not confuse this with Erase All Content and Settings.

More detailed information at: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

OP
Davnici

Davnici

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I tried resett all settings and it just made things worse dear sir!!
now my jailbroken iPad is stuck in mobile substrate safe mode every time I boot!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
now my jailbroken iPad is stuck in mobile substrate safe mode every time I boot!!!

Did you try another reset of the iPad after tapping "Reset All Settings"?

As long as you didn't press "Erase All Content and Settings" - cause that will completely ruin your jailbreak.

So, try another full reset.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't normally comment on jailbreak threads, because my experience is limited to what I've read. I missed the fact that you are jailbroken. As far as I can tell it's just in the signature, and I rarely read those. Again, sorry.

Still, Reset All Settings should not have cause any problem, even on a jailbroken device.

Hopefully Marilyn and the other jailbreaking members of our forum should be able to help you. It is nearly impossible to permanently brick a device unless you have a hardware problem (or you run afoul of the activation lock feature).

OP
Davnici

Davnici

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I tried resetting it again now there is a mobilesubstrate issue. The problem is that whenever I boot I get the mobilesubstrate safe mode. If I boot while holding the volume+ button the iPad boots normally without mobilesubstrate safe mode no cydia or any cydia apps in my homescreen. However the device is still jailbroken. The problem is that I cannot remove mobilsubstrate from because cydia is nowhere to be found on my homescreen. More importantly, my iPad still doesn't connect to my PC on iTunes which means resetting it the iPad is not the issue.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When the iPad is in "normal" mode (not in any of the mobile substrate modes) - does it work fine other than the fact you can not connect it to iTunes/your computer?

If you can get to Cydia, maybe you could try installing a recovery tool such as iLex R.A.T. This will aid you in restting the iPad - but NOT upgrading the iOS. Take a look at this link to see if this might be something that will help: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/w...oring-and-rejailbreaking.107529/#post-1024264

Other than an upgrade to iOS 8.1, which I thoroughly understand is NOT something you want to do, I'm afraid I'm out of options.

So, I'm moving this thread over to the Hacking section as your iPad is jailbroken. Maybe some of our experts in jailbreaking will see this an be able to give more assistance...

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Attempt to run SemiRestore through your computer. Assuming you have OpenSSH on your device already, you should have no problems running SemiRestore as OpenSSH is not Substrate dependent.

On the basis that you can access a web server through iFile, you can attempt to transfer an ILEX RAT deb to your device, install it through terminal or iFile, reboot, and attempt to run the rat command using terminal on your device or through your computer. SemiRestore is a bit more convenient in this case.

If using SemiRestore or ILEX RAT, it's best to remove your passcode as they do require access to the springboard.

Most reactions

Latest posts