Private Browser Warning. I need to keep the private browser on so I can use AutoFill.

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by Larry69RT, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Larry69RT

Larry69RT
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    How can I get rid of the brown page private browser warning that pops up all the time.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Tap the double square icon in the top right corner, then tap on the Private button (so that it is no longer highlighted). Safari will go back to showing a white toolbar.

When Safari shows a gray toolbar with white icons you are in Private Browsing mode. This mode increses privacy by no allowing the retention of cookies, histrory, and a few other thigns. Apparently it also prevents auto-fill, which was something I did not know.

3. Larry69RT

Larry69RT
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

4. Larry69RT

Larry69RT
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for checking this thread, I understand how to turn private browsing on and off. What I don't understand is why having private browsing on is the only way my auto fill will work. I must be missing something somewhere. Then there's that brown page warning that makes you do a extra step, which is a PITA.

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Hm. In that case I have no idea what is going on. Auto-fill should work without having to turn Private Browsing on, and I've never heard of a brown page warning of any type. Both the page approach (instead of a dialog box) and the color brown sound unlike Apple. Just weird.

Can you supply a screenshot of the offending page? If there is any private or sensitive information you can use an app like Skitch to obscure it.

Edit: I haven't had Auto-Fill turned on for a long while, so it's possible that something fundemental has changed; but I'm kind of doubting it.

6. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I use auto-fill for passwords in non-private mode in Safari and it works in iOS 9.2.

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It works for me as well.

8. Larry69RT

Larry69RT
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

9. Larry69RT

Larry69RT
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    This is the screenshot of the offending page. I have the latest IOS and when I turn off private browsing, my autofill doesn't work.

file:///Users/larrydunbar/Pictures/Photos%20Library.photoslibrary/Thumbnails/2015/12/12/20151212-134443/Tnpn8nPxSS6w%25Fh9K9MTHg/thumb_IMG_0464_1024.jpg

10. Larry69RT

Larry69RT
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I do want to thank all those who've replied. I may just have a glitch somewhere in my IOS as others don't seem to have a problem. I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to IOS and the glitch may very well be "pilot error" on my part.
    Thanks again to all.