What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing to a Kodak printer wirelessly

SexyBack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand Kodak has an app in the app store for this, the hubby has used it. But I want to print Pages documents and to our new shiny wireless kodak 5210. I know it doesn't support AirPrint.

Printcentral has failed me so I'm assuming, there isn't another app that would help me. The print apps aren't cheap so I don't want to carry on buying more failed apps.

Hubby says 'you can just send them via email to laptop' but this defeats the main purpose of buying my wireless printer last week. :/

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SexyBack said:
I understand Kodak has an app in the app store for this, the hubby has used it. But I want to print Pages documents and to our new shiny wireless kodak 5210. I know it doesn't support AirPrint.

Printcentral has failed me so I'm assuming, there isn't another app that would help me. The print apps aren't cheap so I don't want to carry on buying more failed apps.

Hubby says 'you can just send them via email to laptop' but this defeats the main purpose of buying my wireless printer last week. :/

I have a Kodak too but sadly the only way to print from it is when a computer connected to it is on. And then you just can't print every type of documents.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand has an app in the app store for this, the hubby has used it. But I want to print Pages documents and to our new shiny wireless kodak 5210. I know it doesn't support AirPrint.

Why has print central failed you? I don't have a kodak but I have a wireless hp on my home wireless network and I can't print fine with print central....I even downloaded "we print" on my laptop (main computer for my network) and I can be on any page in any program, any Internet site and click print and it will say "via print central" in the spot where u select printer....then as soon as u open print central app it pops up the print screen and lets u print that document u sent to it while u were in whatever other program, app, Internet page etc....tad a!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PrintCentral works fine for me too - for my Samsung Color Laser Printer. As other members have suggested, you may need to download and install the PrintCentral app 'We Print' on your PC, if PrintCentral can't print *directly* to your printer. We Print makes your PC 'look' like an AirPrint-type printer. One 'issue' I've had is that, in iOS 4.2, PrintCentral must be running as a background task.

Other Forum members have suggested that the iPad OS only *actually* keeps a couple of the apps active that appear in the multi-task menu - I'm not sure if this is correct, but I've found that you sometimes need to 're-activate' PrintCentral (i.e. by re-opening it) before trying to print.

Good Luck

Tim
Scotland

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Print central

PrintCentral works fine for me too - for my Samsung Color Laser Printer. As other members have suggested, you may need to download and install the PrintCentral app 'We Print' on your PC, if PrintCentral can't print *directly* to your printer. We Print makes your PC 'look' like an AirPrint-type printer. One 'issue' I've had is that, in iOS 4.2, PrintCentral must be running as a background task.

Other Forum members have suggested that the iPad OS only *actually* keeps a couple of the apps active that appear in the multi-task menu - I'm not sure if this is correct, but I've found that you sometimes need to 're-activate' PrintCentral (i.e. by re-opening it) before trying to print.

Good Luck

Tim

Scotland
yea i emailed them about it having to be running in the back to get the "via print central" to come up when you hit print. They said they were aware and it would be in the next update, which i jus got days ago but it didnt fix it, still have to open app central and keep it running in the back ground.

sscolbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
accordlayingkit said:
yea i emailed them about it having to be running in the back to get the "via print central" to come up when you hit print. They said they were aware and it would be in the next update, which i jus got days ago but it didnt fix it, still have to open app central and keep it running in the back ground.

Please let me know. I want to also print to my wireless kodak printer

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sscolbert said:

It's works and has been working...there update didn't fix what I explained earlier in this thread but it's not a big deal.....it's still prints fine and everything. U just have to keep print central running in the lower task bar to get it to print via print central

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a wireless kodak printer not sure of the model but I can print direct from the iPad to the printer but the computer has to be on for some reason.

sscolbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sscolbert said:

It's works and has been working...there update didn't fix what I explained earlier in this thread but it's not a big deal.....it's still prints fine and everything. U just have to keep print central running in the lower task bar to get it to print via print central

Thank you. I will be buying the print central to try it out!:eek:

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After u download it, download the we print software to your desktop also, if u can't find it check out the thread title "print central" for some more help

olinger78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Kodak ESP5250 which is the ESP 5200 series. I have tried allot of apps and i know that my printer works fine. Howere i have tried about 4 different apps and none of them seem to work. All im looking for is an app that will print e-mails and web pages from my ipad to my wireless kodak printer. If anyone can suggest something it would be a big help. Thanks So much!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
olinger78 said:
I have a Kodak ESP5250 which is the ESP 5200 series. I have tried allot of apps and i know that my printer works fine. Howere i have tried about 4 different apps and none of them seem to work. All im looking for is an app that will print e-mails and web pages from my ipad to my wireless kodak printer. If anyone can suggest something it would be a big help. Thanks So much!

Did u try print central then download "we print" software to your desktop?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As several Forum members have noted, Print Central is no longer available in the iPad App Store. There seems to be no clear indication as to why this app has been withdrawn. But the same developer has a very similar (identical?) app called 'Print n Share' that appears, at least on the surface (I have Print Central), to provide identical functionality. As the last poster pointed out, this enables you to connect, wirelessly and directly, to most - but not all - non-AirPrint printers and to all printers via a PC to which the printer is connected.

I have not yet found a list of the printers that this software does support for direct printing. In my case, my Samsung Color Laser printer was not directly supported. But the app allows me to print to this printer 'via' my PC without any problems. Its great advantage is that the app cleverly 'inserts' itself into an app's print menu so that any iPad app that supports in-app printing - for example, Apple's iWorks suite - can print using this app. When you try to print, for example, from Apple's 'Pages' (Word) app, then you are offered the choice of printing via PrintCentral. Many other printing apps require you to leave the app you want to print from.

However, you need to be aware that not all apps support printing - for example even the iPad's native Calendar app. So, for these apps, Print N Share does not really help you and neither do any of the other printing apps.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts