What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing from ipad

Louisg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found an application that will allow you to print docs from iPad.

OP
L

Louisg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it print docs well. I have read postings where print is blurred

Billcoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it print docs well. I have read postings where print is blurred

From the Print Central Help:
EuroSmartz App Help
f your printer supports WiFi printing or you have printer sharing enabled, you should be able to print text, photos and certain documents without installing WePrint on your computer. However this method may deliver varying quality and results depending on your printer's capability.
We have developed a method of printing from the iPhone/iPad that will deliver the same consistent high quality printing output you get from your Mac or PC. By using the free WePrint helper application on your computer you will be able to print ALL document types, to ANY printer available to your Mac or PC, at the very best quality.

We believe it is vital that our customers have the freedom to print emails, Office documents, Pages and the many other document formats that you can already print on your computer and this is the way to do that.

kgrooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just joined this forum just for this reason. I installed PrintCentral on my iPad. On the "Getting Started" page, step 3 I had no blue arrow to tap. I went ahead and installed WePrint on my MacBook. I was able to set everything up, but when I go to print I receive an error message "communication error", then the printer goes into a "pause" mode. I went into advanced settings in the WePrint settings and checked off compatibility print mode. Still no go. I contacted EuroSmartz and there is apparently no work around for the Canon MX860. I would have thought that this particular model printer would be supported since it is a high volume selling item for Apple, the Canon printer that is.

Saundman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Print Central for the iPad also. It was able to see my printer but for some reason, it did not print. Went to the EuroSmartz website and downloaded "WePrint" helper software to the PC. Now when I print from the iPad, it goes though WePrint server to the printer.

It works but the PC/laptop must be on for it to work. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to print from Safari on the iPad (web receipts, plane tickets,etc), using Print Central. Should be simple but it is not :mad:

Dgilchri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Print Central and WePrint with Macs wirelessly networked to both a Lexmark and HP printer. It works a dream in this mode provided the compatibility check is ON (PDFs will not print otherwise). The direct to printer mode is a bit of a mirage, neither the Lexmark nor the HP printers will support this.
As for printing from Mail or Safari, until Apple comes up with a bridge to PrintCentral the best way is to copy and paste to Pages and print from there. Scaling can be a bit weird but it works much neater than the Eurosmartz recommended emailing or filesharing (whatever that is supposed to be on the iPad).
Overall PrintCentral is a great App once you understand it's and the OS limitations.
Cheers.

Martynewbee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you can help me too

From the Print Central Help:
EuroSmartz App Help
f your printer supports WiFi printing or you have printer sharing enabled, you should be able to print text, photos and certain documents without installing WePrint on your computer. However this method may deliver varying quality and results depending on your printer's capability.
We have developed a method of printing from the iPhone/iPad that will deliver the same consistent high quality printing output you get from your Mac or PC. By using the free WePrint helper application on your computer you will be able to print ALL document types, to ANY printer available to your Mac or PC, at the very best quality.

We believe it is vital that our customers have the freedom to print emails, Office documents, Pages and the many other document formats that you can already print on your computer and this is the way to do that.

Hi,

I just bought an iPad 2 and have installed WePrint on my PC which runs Windows 7 and use a shared HP printer that does not support WiFi printing.I have also downloaded and installed EuroSmartz DocPrinter.

I have no problem printing from documents in Dropbox or imported from the PC, but when I try to print a message from the native Mail app, it can't locate a printer.

What do I do??

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
What bugs me about expensive apps (and PrintCentral is one of 'em), is that once you commit to see how it works, there is no way out - you spent your bucks and that's that. I wish there was a way to test these things realtime without having to spend the cash up front (like we used to do with shareware).

tw1709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i just bought printer canon mp278 which is not in airprint printer. I connect the printer to the airport express and works fine, i can able to print wireless from my laptop. But y i can't print direct from my ipad, did i missed anything? Im using the app print central, it can detect my printer but wasn't able to print, some error showing der. Help plz....

DAS99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a program via U-Tube called Fingerprint. You find it on Google. They have a trial so you can see if it works. I have a Canon MX860. You download it on your computer (not the iPad). Ipad or any mobile device find any printers you have so you can print direct. I had bought WePrint but found it will not print emails nor does it distinguish photos from documents. For USD 9.99 it is fantastic and much cheaper than buying an air printer.

Dgilchri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Printing with or without AirPrint.

Best solution without doubt is an AirPrint Printer. I recommend the HP 3070A as it is the cheapest (£50) Airprinter that I have found and it works a treat with iOS 5.

But for my other printers I use PrintCentral - it is the best available for iOS and does everything that Apple allows them to do!
It is obvious you need to have WePrint installed on a Mac on the network somewhere , print quality is as good as the printer, but watch out for page setup discrepancies between the iPad and the Mac. So far as I can tell the "print directly to printer" feature does not work on most wifi printers.

As for printing emails with Print Central, the only way is to set up duplicate email accounts within the App. This sounds like a cludge, and it is, but it works. Apple will not allow developers access to certain core apps such as mail, keynote and pages.

DG

I found a program via U-Tube called Fingerprint. You find it on Google. They have a trial so you can see if it works. I have a Canon MX860. You download it on your computer (not the iPad). Ipad or any mobile device find any printers you have so you can print direct. I had bought WePrint but found it will not print emails nor does it distinguish photos from documents. For USD 9.99 it is fantastic and much cheaper than buying an air printer.

Most reactions

Latest posts