Printing from ipad

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by Louisg, Jun 7, 2010.

1. tw1709

tw1709
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi, i just bought printer canon mp278 which is not in airprint printer. I connect the printer to the airport express and works fine, i can able to print wireless from my laptop. But y i can't print direct from my ipad, did i missed anything? Im using the app print central, it can detect my printer but wasn't able to print, some error showing der. Help plz....

2. DAS99

DAS99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I found a program via U-Tube called Fingerprint. You find it on Google. They have a trial so you can see if it works. I have a Canon MX860. You download it on your computer (not the iPad). Ipad or any mobile device find any printers you have so you can print direct. I had bought WePrint but found it will not print emails nor does it distinguish photos from documents. For USD 9.99 it is fantastic and much cheaper than buying an air printer.

3. Dgilchri

Dgilchri
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Printing with or without AirPrint.

Best solution without doubt is an AirPrint Printer. I recommend the HP 3070A as it is the cheapest (£50) Airprinter that I have found and it works a treat with iOS 5.

But for my other printers I use PrintCentral - it is the best available for iOS and does everything that Apple allows them to do!
    It is obvious you need to have WePrint installed on a Mac on the network somewhere , print quality is as good as the printer, but watch out for page setup discrepancies between the iPad and the Mac. So far as I can tell the "print directly to printer" feature does not work on most wifi printers.

As for printing emails with Print Central, the only way is to set up duplicate email accounts within the App. This sounds like a cludge, and it is, but it works. Apple will not allow developers access to certain core apps such as mail, keynote and pages.

DG