What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recomendation for a third party "printing app"

Davnade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all;

Just purchased the new (new?) Ipad. First time using any Apple product so forgive me if i ask dumb questions. Have been a long time "Windows Guy".

Found out that you need a "Airprint" printer for native Ipad printing. I have a Brother HL2280 DW wireless laser (which is not Airprint). Started looking around at different apps for printing and the 3 that caught my attention was

1. EuroSmartz Print n Share
2. Print Agent Pro
3. Save2PDF.

This is what i want an app to do and was looking for advice from anyone who used these apps.

1. Print "Word" and "Excel" Docs
2. Print a webpage from Safari without having to open the webpage in another app. (Print directly from Safari)
3. Able to print from Dropbox account.
4 Connect to WiFi printer directly without having to have PC on to do it.
5. Print Emails from Apple mail app
6. print a page from an ibook PDF or EPUB
7. Print from Ipad "Notes"

Am I asking for too much. I guess not knowing a lot about the Ipad file structure has proven to be a little frustrating since I have always used windows.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to welcome you to the iPad Forums, an amazing online community in which iPad users alike from all walks of life come together to discuss the very piece of technology this website is name after, iPad. We hope you enjoy the forum.

We ask that you read and abide by the iPadForums rules.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
Check out the iPF app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
I recommend subscribing to the iPF news feed.
Apple iPad News
For all your iPad FAQ.
iPad FAQ
iPad reviews are all right here.
iPad Reviews
Information for new members:
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...r-please-read-before-starting-new-thread.html

Once again, we are so pleased you have joined us!

Goofy8275 - User of iPadForums

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all;

Just purchased the new (new?) Ipad. First time using any Apple product so forgive me if i ask dumb questions. Have been a long time "Windows Guy".

Found out that you need a "Airprint" printer for native Ipad printing. I have a Brother HL2280 DW wireless laser (which is not Airprint). Started looking around at different apps for printing and the 3 that caught my attention was

1. EuroSmartz Print n Share
2. Print Agent Pro
3. Save2PDF.

This is what i want an app to do and was looking for advice from anyone who used these apps.

1. Print "Word" and "Excel" Docs
2. Print a webpage from Safari without having to open the webpage in another app. (Print directly from Safari)
3. Able to print from Dropbox account.
4 Connect to WiFi printer directly without having to have PC on to do it.
5. Print Emails from Apple mail app
6. print a page from an ibook PDF or EPUB
7. Print from Ipad "Notes"

Am I asking for too much. I guess not knowing a lot about the Ipad file structure has proven to be a little frustrating since I have always used windows.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Have you tried the Brother iPrint & Scan app? You'll have to check compatibility with the Brother website for your model. Non-Airpint printing via 3rd party app will be clunky at best. A emulator program on your PC or Mac will mimic an AirPrint printer so that you can print natively from each app using the native print scenario.

Most reactions