What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Cloud Printing?

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can print from email, but not Google Docs as advertised.

Anyone able to do this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still do not know what benefits Google brings to printing.

You kids, you make it all so complicated. I remember when you simply connected your printer to your computer, installed a driver, and printed. WiFi came along and not I can put my printer in the closet and WiFi is my cable in this case.

As for Cloud Printing, apparently you need a "Cloud Aware Printer." I bought a WiFi enabled printer because I thought the iPad would print to my brand new WiFi printer. Later learned that it does, just as long as you have one of a handful of printers. My printer was not on the list.

Not sure I approve of Google Cloud Printing or not. It seems to add more crap to a basic worlkflow that is simple enough as it is.

Bob

jessieros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jcherepy said:
I can print from email, but not Google Docs as advertised.

Anyone able to do this?

Thanks.

I enabled Cloud in Chrome and the print option appears in my IPad email However when I try to use it, it says no printer found
My printer is online and I'm logged into Google so not sur what problem is. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
Jessica

hisy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get out of Google cloud print. I have net printer for AirPrint HP 6500A Plus. Works only with native
Mail program but NOT ANY OTHERS. I get cloud asking for a printer, see list of my printer, but can't print ?
Is this an iPad problem ? What is the fix as others seem to have same problem.
Can't remember how I ever entered the cloud mode in or where in the set up HELP PLEASE

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Google Cloud Printing only shows up when you are on Google's website. It prints throught HTML 5 AND needs to have a Cloud printer attached to your PC with the latest version of Chrome...

I have no idea why they ever decided to do this. It's a horrible printing solution in my opinion.

Still Windows only I believe as well.

-t

Most reactions