What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing to Cannon MG6150

thecaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to the i pad and don't yet have an air print compatible printer. Anyone recommend an app that works well and will allow me to print docs, PDF's, photos etc direct to my Cannon MG6150 via my wifi network. Thanks in advance.

jessbarney777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Canon's Easy-Photo Print App from the AppStore should work for you photos, but not documents (yet). Here's the description from the website:

Canon Easy-PhotoPrint (Canon iEPP) is a free application that allows you to easily print photos and scan from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad on a compatible PIXMA multifunction printer via a local wireless network (Wi-Fi).

OP
T

thecaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Hopefully an app to let me easily print documents will be here soon.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Captain - welcome to the forum! :)

One solution that has worked well for me is to use a program called FingerPrint - check HERE for further explanation and details - cost is $10 and simply needs a program installed on your computer that is attached to your printer; easy setup and has worked flawlessly for me (on my Canon Pixma printer). Good luck!

OP
T

thecaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. Will give it a go. How did you get the smiley face

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Many thanks. Will give it a go. How did you get the smiley face

The app should work well for you - let us know! Concerning the 'smiley face', when you are posting, just click the face in the options menu and a bunch of choices will pop up in a box, pick and insert where desire - some are shown below - :)

:D :mad: :thumbs: :thumbsdown: :eek: :(

OP
T

thecaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
The app should work well for you - let us know! Concerning the 'smiley face', when you are posting, just click the face in the options menu and a bunch of choices will pop up in a box, pick and insert where desire - some are shown below - :)

:D :mad: :thumbs: :thumbsdown: :eek: :(

Thanks again. With regards the smiley face, I can't find the options menu. I am using my I pad to do this.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does not seem to be available w/i the iPad app if that is what you are using? I usually write my posts on a laptop using the iPad Forums website, which I am doing at the moment; a screen capture attached shows my 'quick reply' w/ the smiley dialog box open - :)

These emoticons have punctuation equivalents, e.g. a smiley face as in this post can simply be entered as as a 'colon + right parenthesis', as such :) - use of the left parenthesis appears like this :( - I've not tried the punctuation option in the iPad app, so cannot comment on the results.

Hope this helps and please let us know about your printing solutions - :thumbs:

P.S. Just noticed that when I go to 'advanced posting entry' mode, the emoticons appear to the right automatically and can be easily selected (see the other attachment)!

SmileyIPAD.JPGSmileyIPAD2.JPG

flexistranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

Came across this thread, although it is a few months old, because I needed the same info that the Captain was looking for.

Since then I've discovered a working method for printing photos and PDFs (including converted word docs) to my MG6150 from my iPad (Retina 4th gen and iOS6) without needing Airprint. Canon have confirmed that there will never be Airprint support for the MG6150.

So you will need -

1) iOS device and Canon MG6150 (or any other canon wi-fi enabled but non Airprint supported printer)
2) Canon 'Easy Photo Print' app from the app store (free)
3) PDF conversion app of choice from the app store (I'm using 'Word to PDF' - £1.99 / $2.99)

So for photos or PDF simply use Canon's app. Open the document on the ipad, tap to open in safari, then tap to open with canon's app (there might be a quicker way that this - this is just my method). From there, Canon's app should see your printer on the wireless network. Check the printer settings in Canon's app and hit print - away you go. It's a bit slow but it works.

If you want to do word docs then you must first convert to PDF. I use the app mentioned above then follow the above instructions.

I guess you can find apps that view/convert excel and power point etc as well but I've not looked for those myself.

Hope this helps.

Now back to 'Pitfall' - I'm addicted!

Most reactions

Latest posts