What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printers that work with Ipad2

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know which printers (networked and wireless colour) are certified to work with AirPrint or Bonjor.

Will buy one today if I can find the right model.....Most manufacturers are saying little.

Jeff

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's interesting, though, that some Members have still had problems even with supposedly 100% AirPrint compatible printers but those problems do seem few and far between. I have a non-compatible printer and use PrintCentral and the WePrint PC app, since my printer - a Samsung colour laser printer - is not directly compatible with PrintCentral. But, for sure, if you purchase a printer from this list (and be careful, because HP sell a number of printers that have the same model name but then have additional options to make them AirPrint compatible).

Let us know how you get on.

Tim

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It's interesting, though, that some Members have still had problems even with supposedly 100% AirPrint compatible printers but those problems do seem few and far between. I have a non-compatible printer and use PrintCentral and the WePrint PC app, since my printer - a Samsung colour laser printer - is not directly compatible with PrintCentral. But, for sure, if you purchase a printer from this list (and be careful, because HP sell a number of printers that have the same model name but then have additional options to make them AirPrint compatible).

Let us know how you get on.

Tim

Remember - there are free tools out there that allow you to print to ANY printer (from the iPad using AirPrint) that you can print to from your PC (as long as your PC is running)...

I use it all of the time - seems to work fine for me....

I think it's called AirPrintActivator or something - let me know if you need it - I have it somewhere...

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will do Tim, I have a very old Epson USB printer.....Carts are nearly empty, Funny, a mate has a Samsung, and his works too. Think I will stick with the HP list though, they are good printers.

Jeff

Amatech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We purchase an HP ePrint printer from Walmart. It's great and works with all of our IPod touches, my iPhone and my IPad.

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Canon MX870 wireless printer and I have the Canon iEPP app (on my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2) and I tested it out the other day and it worked perfectly.

Fe2orr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get nothing when I try to use my cannon mc 870 wireless with new Ipad2. How did you get yours to work?

MMIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fe2orr said:
I get nothing when I try to use my cannon mc 870 wireless with new Ipad2. How did you get yours to work?

I use an app called print n share $8.99 in App Store. Works great. AirPlay only works with certain wireless printer brands and models.

Most reactions

Latest posts