What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printer does not recognize iPad

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an hp desktop3050A all in one j611 series printer. I am having a problem with the printer recognizing my iPad and it will not print. The iPad does recognize the printer but still will not print. It does print from an IPod touch, and also prints off my desktop computer. Does anyone have any idea of what the problem could be or any suggestions on what I can do to fix it?

dchristo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an LED on your printer to show that the Wifi is on? If it's been a while since you used the printer, sometimes you have to re-establish the wifi connection.

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi dchristo
Yes the led is on on the printer

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Kevin - I'm using FingerPrint to output my iPad to my 2 USB connected non-AirPrint machines; whenever 'contact' is lost, I go through 1 of 3 processes (not necessarily in any order but will try to print after each step): 1) Power recycle your printer, i.e. pull the plug (or turn off the machine), wait a short time, re-power and give it a try; 2) Restart or Reset the iPad (directions HERE, if unfamiliar w/ the procedures); and 3) Power recycle your router & modem, i.e. remove the power from both, wait a while, and then sequentially start the modem first and then then the router.

Let us know if any of these steps solve your problem - may help others - good luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts