What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can i print from ipad3 if my printer isnt compadible with airprint?

bostinboggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded 2 different apps and are able to print tests so I know it is recognized. I cannot figure how to print from email and safari since they are looking for the AirPrint printer. Apple support could not help as they are not familiar with anything other than AirPrint. Can anyone help?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bostinboggs said:
I have downloaded 2 different apps and are able to print tests so I know it is recognized. I cannot figure how to print from email and safari since they are looking for the AirPrint printer. Apple support could not help as they are not familiar with anything other than AirPrint. Can anyone help?

Here is a page that might help you with your problem of printing with a printer that doesn't support AirPrint.
http://ipadhelp.com/ipad-help/print-from-ipad-iphone-without-airprint/

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Epson printer is not an AirPrint print. However, netgear, the co that makes my router, released a program tat runs on my pc that makes any printer on my pc (or on the network) act like an AirPrint printer. So, now I can print from my idevices but I don't own an AirPrint printer.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have the same Netgear app on my Mac, and it works perfectly to make my old Epson look like an air printer to the iPad. I suspect it will also work on non-Netgear routers. Worth a try, since it's free.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem is that the things you all describe need to also use a computer. If you are just using an iPad you need air print.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Problem is that the things you all describe need to also use a computer. If you are just using an iPad you need air print.

Which you can get if you want to buy another printer. There are plenty of AirPrint printers out. I don't see any problems either way.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

One more option for you. I have an Espon Workforce 615 (I think that is the model) printer. It is on my Wifi network, the same one that my computers and iPad is on. Epson also makes an iOS app (called Epson iPrint, available in the appstore from your iPad) that works for some of their printers. With such an app, I can print directly to my printer without the need of a program on my PC to make my printer appear to be an AirPrint printer.

So, you might be able to do similar. It just depends on what equipment you have and what the manufacturer has provided in the way of support. Obviously, many different vendors provide support for the iPad.

nicknick923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
$20 per install? Actually, it's a good deal if you have no other options. Cheaper than any printer.

No, if you download it and instal it, it has full functionality. You don't need to pay anything.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, if you download it and instal it, it has full functionality. You don't need to pay anything.

Is it freeware/shareware or ad supported? It says on the page that it is $19.95 per install. Does it watermark your printouts? I was able to download it, but I'm not sure I want to install it as my other solutions are free.

nicknick923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Is it freeware/shareware or ad supported? It says on the page that it is $19.95 per install. Does it watermark your printouts? I was able to download it, but I'm not sure I want to install it as my other solutions are free.

No, if you just install it, you am will see what I mean, it's the full-fledged program, they just want you to pay if your a big business.

digitalartguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, it seems to me that we would need to have a wi-fi connection to use any of the solutions mentioned here so far.
Is there a way to print from an iPad to a printer without a wi-fi connection? I need to be able to print in places with no wi-fi access.

I believe I should be able to do this with a router. Is this correct?

Cheers!

Last edited:

nicknick923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
digitalartguru said:
If I am not mistaken, it seems to me that we would need to have a wi-fi connection to use any of the solutions mentioned here so far.
Is there a way to print from an iPad to a printer without a wi-fi connection? I need to be able to print in places with no wi-fi access.
Cheers!

I believe that would be impossible, as the only way for iOS devices to communicate between iOS device and computer/printer is either wifi, or a physical cable, which I have seen no such cable for printing. The last option available is bluetooth. Is that an option that is available for you to use?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
digitalartguru said:

I believe I should be able to do this with a router. Is this correct?

Cheers!

If you have a router, would that not create its own wifi network? It does not have to be connected to the Internet.

Most reactions

Latest posts