What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print to pdf

svasanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to print web pages directly to PDF through the printer menu on iPad?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there a way to print web pages directly to PDF through the printer menu on iPad?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

You might want to explain your exact needs better - e.g. I can open Safari, pull up a Web page (such as a book description on the Amazon site), then select the print option - the page(s) are printed to my Canon printer using a Wi-Fi app called 'Fingerprint' - so my question is whether you want to save the Web page as a PDF file and/or print as a PDF file? Do you need to 'edit' the saved Web page as a PDF file? Further explanation may help provide better advice.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both the FingerPrint (Windows and Mac) and Printopia (Mac only) programs allow you to print to folders as well as printers on your computer. When you print to a folder you get a PDF. They work with any app that supports printing from within the app.

OP
S

svasanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

You might want to explain your exact needs better - e.g. I can open Safari, pull up a Web page (such as a book description on the Amazon site), then select the print option - the page(s) are printed to my Canon printer using a Wi-Fi app called 'Fingerprint' - so my question is whether you want to save the Web page as a PDF file and/or print as a PDF file? Do you need to 'edit' the saved Web page as a PDF file? Further explanation may help provide better advice.

Yes - When I open Safari and pull up a Web page, I would like to print the page to PDF from the Print option (the one we get on clicking the button with an arrow bending towards the right).

Nataly

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Apple doesn't allow for PDF converters to act as virtual printers and thus made the option you want impossible to implement with Safari.
But PDF Printer and PDF PROvider applications have their own internal browsers (designed by Apple specially for apps), which you can use to print webpages to PDF.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
svasanth said:
Yes - When I open Safari and pull up a Web page, I would like to print the page to PDF from the Print option (the one we get on clicking the button with an arrow bending towards the right).

If you don't mind the PDF ending up on the computer, you can print to folders (instead of a printer) with the mentioned Fingerprint program. If you have a Mac, Printopia will do the same thing with a few more options. With either you should be able to set up DropBox on the same computer and print to that folder, making it easy to get the PDF back on the iPad.

I've done this with Printopia and it works pretty well.

Most reactions

Latest posts