What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No app has successfully enabled me to print :(

Dan_Knight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I have tried using TruPrint, using the Lexmark Helper, with the Listener running on my desktop PC.
I have triedusing Print to PDF
I have tried using another app called "Print"
I have tried using PrintCentral

Nothing works!

I have a Lexmark x264dn plugged directly into my network. It has a static IP address, with SNMP support as well.
It is installed on my main computer, and I've also added two services, "Lexmark Listener" and "WePrint Server" - which are each required for their respective iPad apps.

NOTHING works. Safari, Email, etc. simply don't find the printer. They are insisting on looking for Air Printers - because, of course, as far as Apple is concerned, those are the only printers on the planet).
The Print to PDF app has a status screen which indicates "Installed and ready!" and happily displays a picture of what I should see when I try to print - specifically, the PDF printer appearing in the printer selection.
But this does not happen!

Have all these apps just come out in order to try to get people to buy them, only to support a very, very limited set of circumstances under which they'll be lucky enough for it to work?

Frustrated and bemused.
Please advise, if there's anything else I could do in order to successfully print emails, web pages, documents, etc. to my network printer.
Thank you.

Dan.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, using something like PrintCentral, here is what I would do for say an email. Select and copy the text required from your email then fire up PrintCentral. It should detect the data in the clipboard and prompt you to print it. Select the printer and away you go.

Safari and the email client do not have the option to Send to... another app. It is not an issue with the apps you've installed, it's the nature of these default apps supplied with the iPad.

I use PrintSharePro, which is made by the same people that make PrintCentral, so the functionality differs between apps.

brian1882

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried those also and in the end Fingerprint from Collobos software worked like a charm. Just download to the computer with your printer and its a quick easy setup.

Most reactions

Latest posts