What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting time is not correct,

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I notice the time shown on my posts is incorrect compared to the present time. My ipad is set to the correct time but this does not seem to make a difference!
For example the time right now is 20:36

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your posting shows 15:36, so maybe this is a time zone thing?

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad, the time zones are to type in a city, and it will use it's time zone. If you are sure the time zone is correct, try restarting the iPad (power off then on).

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is not correct, my time at the top of my ipad says at this moment: 21:04!

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have tried resetting but still the posted time is different!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try taking a screenshot and posting it. If the time on your iPad it set correctly, the posting time of your posts should match the time at the top of the screen, at the time the pst is made.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No point in taking a screenshot ( even if I knew how to on ipad!) there is a constant 7 hour difference between shown actual time at top of screen & posted time shown in this forum! Present time is 21: 55

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Missmouse3 said:
No point in taking a screenshot ( even if I knew how to on ipad!) there is a constant 7 hour difference between shown actual time at top of screen & posted time shown in this forum! Present time is 21: 55

Scifan was only trying to help you!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to the iPF website on Safari. Find Settings/General Settings/Date and Time Options. You can enter your timezones there

If you need any help, give a shout back and I'll do some screenshots for you.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am in uk we are on GMT time zone, thanks! Only a minor thing I know but it just made me wonder why! I seem to also have an issue with making a reply to any threads in that until I type more than one line, I cannot send the reply!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Missmouse3 said:
I am in uk we are on GMT time zone, thanks! Only a minor thing I know but it just made me wonder why! I seem to also have an issue with making a reply to any threads in that until I type more than one line, I cannot send the reply!

That can be solved by typing Return before you start typing your post. It's a bug in the forum software. Soon as you hit Return, the send button will light up.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Missmouse3 said:

This is a known bug on the app. The workaround is to tap the return button before starting to type your post, that way the send button is active, however short your message is.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts