What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

time settings

Picard23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone have this issue with their ipad 1? every now and then the time jumps ahead 21 hours, I guess it's a time zone issue but I have checked my setting and it shows as being set for Perth time (Australia which is correct btw) but I still have to set it to the correct date and time at least once or twice a week :mad: hope someone can help, I know it isn't a performance or operating issue but its plain annoying ...thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes this can be caused by

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Time Zone Support' - which is where you can decide whether the iPad will automatically adjust the time for what it perceives to be the time zone you are in. Have a look there and see if you've accidentally got it set to an inappropriate zone.

Tim

OP
Picard23

Picard23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
every checked in the right boxes Tim, really weird it's held the correct time for the second day now but I know it will jump ahead at some point, when it has done, the first thing I check before I do adjust it is to check that it's still set to Perth time zone ... much oddness thanks for replying so quickly btw

Reaction score
The timezone set it Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendar->Time Zone Support only affects the calendar events, but not the actual time. So it doesn't matter what time zone you have set there.

You mentioned, that you set the time manually, does this mean you go to Settings->General->Date&Time->Set automatically: Off->Set Date&Time ?

If so, what happens, if you just leave it at Set automatically: On?

OP
Picard23

Picard23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes I have set them manually and is the setting, date and time I have only the following
24- hour Time ... off
Time Zone ... Perth Set Date and Time
there isn't an auto set there

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me on Saturday but with my iPhone. First time it has happened but nothing would fix it except a reboot.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The timezone set it Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendar->Time Zone Support only affects the calendar events, but not the actual time. So it doesn't matter what time zone you have set there.

You mentioned, that you set the time manually, does this mean you go to Settings->General->Date&Time->Set automatically: Off->Set Date&Time ?

If so, what happens, if you just leave it at Set automatically: On?

Oops - yes, you're right - apologies!!! :(

Tim

OP
Picard23

Picard23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that's one of the problems maybe?? .. there isn't a "set automatically" tab in there ... I have 3 settings
"24 hour time
time zone
set date and time"
so I still can't "make it so"
appreciate the efforts though DontUnderstandMyIpad (I don't either lol)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it a 3G iPad?

Do 3G iPad's get their time from the network or from an Internet Time Server using NTP?

Tim

Reaction score
So this is what the settings screen should look like.

Apple has a tendency to remove options, if they are currently not applicable, but I really have no idea what other setting you would have to change, to make the "Set automatically" option appear again.

Attachments

• image-783297949.png
    image-783297949.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 210

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if I hadn't made that clear at the get go Tim, it's an ipad 1 with wifi only

I was just trying to work out whether the 'Set Automatically' option was only on 3G iPads. Let us know how it goes....difficult problems are always the most interesting...

Tim

OP
Picard23

Picard23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
interesting to put it mildly Tim :) but hoping I can get it sorted and if I do accidentally stumble onto something and "make it so" I will certainly post the solution or give thnks and credo the whoever ... time for bed me thinks, long day ... cheers all

Most reactions

Latest posts