What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting problems

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a few minutes ago I noticed that I can't reply to posts in a thread unless I'm quoting a previous post. If I try to reply without quoting, the send button doesn't work. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Just a few minutes ago I noticed that I can't reply to posts in a thread unless I'm quoting a previous post. If I try to reply without quoting, the send button doesn't work. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Me, too, I'll let the forum tech folks know.....obviously I had to quote you to agree with you....lol!

The Archangel

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Me, too, I'll let the forum tech folks know.....obviously I had to quote you to agree with you....lol!

The Archangel

This is on iPads running both iOS 6 and iOS 5.1.1, so is obviously isn,t a direct result of the iOS 6 update.
If I want to post without quoting, I have to go to the website instead of the app.:(

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
This is on iPads running both iOS 6 and iOS 5.1.1, so is obviously isn,t a direct result of the iOS 6 update.
If I want to post without quoting, I have to go to the website instead of the app.:(

Well that is strange, mine was fine right up until the iOS 6 upgrade. Did it start at the same time on both (BTW, I've given the link to this thread to the guru's who are locked in the basement at IPF Towers so any info that you can provide may help them resolve the issue)?

The Archangel

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Well that is strange, mine was fine right up until the iOS 6 upgrade. Did it start at the same time on both (BTW, I've given the link to this thread to the guru's who are locked in the basement at IPF Towers so any info that you can provide may help them resolve the issue)?

The Archangel

Apparently, I first noticed it when I tried to reply to a post on my newly updated iPad 3. I then tried it on my other iPad 3 which hasn't yet been updated and had exactly the same problem.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just made this post from my iPod, using the forum app and it obviously works with my iPod, which is still on iOS 5.1.1, by the way.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Apparently, I first noticed it when I tried to reply to a post on my newly updated iPad 3. I then tried it on my other iPad 3 which hasn't yet been updated and had exactly the same problem.

FWIW, I'm on an iPad 2!

The Archangel

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
FWIW, I'm on an iPad 2!

The Archangel

I noticed that TheRambler had no problems and you're both located in the UK. So the problem, whatever it's cause, isn't strictly regional in nature.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I noticed that TheRambler had no problems and you're both located in the UK. So the problem, whatever it's cause, isn't strictly regional in nature.

Clearly not regional, iOS specific (5 or 6) or iPad specific (2 or 3).

The Archangel

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not having any problems either, not upgraded to ios6 yet and am in the UK on and ipad3

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Most reactions

Latest posts