What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are having trouble posting replies in message box.....

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim has been trying to help me get back the ability to type in the message box so I could reply and post again after it stopped working a week ago. We noticed other people having this frustrating malfunction too so I promised I would post a solution when I found one!
I have no idea why but when I tapped that aA at the far right of the top line of message window buttons I could finally tap a space marker line into the window and type again. It sporadically needs to be tapped to allow typing when replying to another thread.
I hope this helps others. I don't even know what that symbol is supposed to be for.<3 Jeanée

OP
P

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgot to say......

Power off and resetting Safari had not worked!

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I do and I have that problem a lot ......:/

Is put a face or a smile in the box and it give me a keyboard.....

OP
P

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok let's test this.......

What is the aA thing? The last two posts I attempted the aA would not work any more....then it worked just now. I will try the face thing when it happens again. Anyone else with sporadic inability to post? Let 's stick together to figure this out! Jeanée

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've fornd that the HTML editor works better with Safari than the WYSWYG one. Choose Edit Options from the User CP screen, go all the way to the bottom and change your editor from WYSYWYG to the next one up.

As a bonus it works with most third party browers as well, including Atomic and Reeder's built in browser.

OP
P

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I did what you said to do.......

I've fornd that the HTML editor works better with Safari than the WYSWYG one. Choose Edit Options from the User CP screen, go all the way to the bottom and change your editor from WYSYWYG to the next one up.

As a bonus it works with most third party browers as well, including Atomic and Reeder's built in browser.

Thanks for helping us out! The information I get from the forum has helped me take a giant step forward in my tech savvy. I'm still an artist and a bit out of my zone but as I tell those who want to do art......get in there and do it....make mistakes learn how to control the medium.......I have a case of iPadophilia! Thanks again......tell Tim.:) Jeanée

Most reactions

Latest posts