What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to reply, quote or report [SOLVED]

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It was noticed that replying, quoting or reporting via the iPad forums app results in a greyed out send button at the top right of the window. This issue is also noticed in the IPF.net app. The problem stems from the top line being useable. The app developers are aware of the problem and working on a fix.

The work around: tap the enter key on the keyboard and the "send" button will be enabled. This will cause two blank lines at the top of the reply, but that is a necessary evil because back spacing to the top of the reply causes the send button to be disabled again.

Credit for this temporary fix goes to Thomasjtsi, a moderator on the iPhone forums, as he was the first person to inform me of it. I'm simply posting this fix to benefit the iPad forums community.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was noticed that replying, quoting or reporting via the iPad forums app results in a greyed out send button at the top right of the window. This issue is also noticed in the IPF.net app. The problem stems from the top line being useable. The app developers are aware of the problem and working on a fix.

The work around: tap the enter key on the keyboard and the "send" button will be enabled. This will cause two blank lines at the top of the reply, but that is a necessary evil because back spacing to the top of the reply causes the send button to be disabled again.

Credit for this temporary fix goes to Thomasjtsi, a moderator on the iPhone forums, as he was the first person to inform me of it. I'm simply posting this fix to benefit the iPad forums community.

ARD...thank you.

As mentioned, we have had several threads about this and have already been addressed.

Thank you.

Ski...iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ardchoille,

Welcome to this side of the fence.

This appears to be an incompatibility with iOS 6. The blank lines you mention don't go into the post, so they're not too much of a problem. Also, hitting return before you start writing a post enables you to copy and paste reliably.

If the send button is greyed out and you attempt to paste, you will often find that only part of the intended text is pasted.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
ARD...thank you.

As mentioned, we have had several threads about this and have already been addressed.

Thank you.

Ski...iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

My apologies if this has been mentioned before. I did a search but didn't find anything and I wanted to inform the community of this temp fix.

KevinJS said:
Hi Ardchoille,

Welcome to this side of the fence.

This appears to be an incompatibility with iOS 6. The blank lines you mention don't go into the post, so they're not too much of a problem. Also, hitting return before you start writing a post enables you to copy and paste reliably.

If the send button is greyed out and you attempt to paste, you will often find that only part of the intended text is pasted.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ah, thank you for that info, much appreciated.

Yes, I love these forums and you will be seeing more of me when I buy my iPad :)

Most reactions