What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibilities of ipad uk launch delayed?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope there is no chance of the uk launch/ international launch to be delayed because hopefully apple would have learned from last year to make sure each country has sufficient stock for a launch, without having to delay come countries.

Does anyone think the international launch will be delayed?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If u just go by what the media puts out, it seems possible. BUT, like u said, I would hope Apple anticipated this and makes sure to keep to their word on international release. I know you people all over the world are also very anxious for this nice piece of technology and should get it on time just like apple promised. It's a good chance it won't because apple stores here in the u.s. Have already started getting more big shipments in. If there was such a shortage, those stores wouldn't be getting restocked so fast.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think that EU release will be delayed. Beside i bet the Stuff is already on ship on the ocean making its way to Europe and ships never turn around for the cause of nothing, its easier for Apple to build a whole lot more IPads for the US than hold back the EU ship, calling it back for such a weak reason. They get those IPads sold, in EU or US it doesent matter in first place, calling back a ship will cause alot budget down for nothing.

And Steavie himself said in his keynote clearly that the EU Release will be at 25.03.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most shipments for iPhones and ipads come by air freight not by sea mainly because apple unlike other manufactures build to order and hold only small quantities in warehouses. Considering how many ipads that can be built in 5 minutes it is the most effective way to hit the market. That is why old stock disappears from shelves so quick because inventory control is tight. However retail stores like best buy may hold extra stock but again it is ordered on demand. This also applies to the desktop and MacBook products as well

All shipments for ipod touch, iphones and ipads are from china via hong kong and Singapore . It has been stated Apple's manufacture Foxconn can produce 10,000 ipads per day per factory run x 50 lines in full production This is needed to meet world wide demand. See below info

Foxconn plants china info early 2011

The new plant shall indeed increase the iPad’s market availability. At present, the biggest production unit of the region is located at Shenzhen with a production capacity of 2.5 million iper month. In comparison, Foxconn’s Chengdu unit is expected to reach an output of 40 million devices per month.

Note this is all devices ie iPhones iPod touch and ipads

One more thing......
Foxconn has more than 800,000 employees.and manufactures products for other major companies
Apple is the largest customer for Foxconn

More info
Analysts estimate that more than 100,000 of Foxconn’s 800,000 workers in China are working on Apple products.

Apple also works with Taiwan’s Quanta Computer at plants in Shanghai and Suzhou, where labour costs are outpacing the rest of the country too.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a friend who is preparing to camp outside the Aberdeen (Scotland) Apple Store; I must keep this from him! I have volunteered to take him 'sustainance' during his 'vigil'....

Tim
Scotland

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim, I spoke with PC World CS about this and they advised that they will have stock in store on launch day but have no idea of quantities at the moment. They recommended calling back next Thursday and they will be able to tell me quantities for each local store and also opening hours as there is a possibility of the stores opening earlier should they receive sufficient stock.
Might be a better option than queueing outside Apple Store. I'm going down this route regardless as I have vouchers for them.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, I spoke with PC World CS about this and they advised that they will have stock in store on launch day but have no idea of quantities at the moment. They recommended calling back next Thursday and they will be able to tell me quantities for each local store and also opening hours as there is a possibility of the stores opening earlier should they receive sufficient stock.
Might be a better option than queueing outside Apple Store. I'm going down this route regardless as I have vouchers for them.

Many thanks - please let me know what you find out...

Tim
Scotland

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i've decided to purchase from the shop instead of online due to a possible immediate purchase compared to a longish wait.

i'll be phoning my local apple shop on the thursday before (cardiff) to sound them out. hopefully the 3g 64 gb versions wont be the most popular.

plymouthred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bet they will

i've decided to purchase from the shop instead of online due to a possible immediate purchase compared to a longish wait.

I'll be phoning my local apple shop on the thursday before (cardiff) to sound them out. hopefully the 3g 64 gb versions wont be the most popular.

:D

I bet they will be

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that even though the ipad 2 goes on sale in many other countries on March the 25th. The number of ipads for sale might be very limited.
Im sure you have to wait hours in queue outside a store if you want one on release day. The shipping time might be very long too!

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not too fussed, I sell mine and then I go and win 1 in a raffle!

Still not sure if I will go to the apple store next fri, probably will though!

Most reactions

Latest posts