What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Might Be Delayed Until June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipad-2-case.JPG

After a flurry of recent reports suggesting that the launch of the iPad 2 is imminent, Bloomberg puts a spanner in the words with a report today saying that the iPad 2 could be delayed until June from its expected release in April, because of “production bottlenecks” at the plant of manufacturer Hon Hai Precision Industry. The information about the delay comes from a company called Yuanta Securities. Two analysts at the company, Vincent Chen and Alison Chen, say that the delays are as a result of Apple making design changes before the Lunar New Year. To quote from the report:

“Our checks suggest new issues are being encountered with the new production and it is taking time to resolve them. As a number of Android 3.0 tablets are being launched in April and May, the delay in iPad 2 shipments may give the Android camp a brief window of opportunity.”

Both Apple and Hon Hai declined to comment on the matter.

UPDATE: Several sources have now popped up to refute the original report of iPad 2 delays, including Jim Dalrymple of The Loop: http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/02/22/rumors-of-ipad-2-iphone-5-delays-are-not-true/

Source: Apple's New IPad Shipments May Be Delayed to June, Yuanta Securities Says - Bloomberg

Last edited:

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 cannot be delayed...as apple has not even confirmed it's existence.

If it ships in june, it's not a delay.

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I both have iPhone 4's , for Christmas I purchased her a iPad 32G non 3g. I have the the ok for a iPad2. I'll tell you my wife loves her iPad.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are typical rumors we get every time a new product is released regardless of manufacture. The only and I mean only source of information regard delivery times and what is really happening comes from Apple. So relax pull up a chair and read a book have a wine or what ever.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These are typical rumors we get every time a new product is released regardless of manufacture. The only and I mean only source of information regard delivery times and what is really happening comes from Apple. So relax pull up a chair and read a book have a wine or what ever.

Amen! Truer words not spoken!

AnnaM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ThePhotog, my husband presented me iPad4 on Valentine's day and I absolutely love it, love both of them (iPad4 and my husband :))
Let's wait till June and we'll see. I guess apple would not lie.

concu88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ThePhotog, my husband presented me iPad4 on Valentine's day and I absolutely love it, love both of them (iPad4 and my husband :))
Let's wait till June and we'll see. I guess apple would not lie.

There isn't any comment from Apple on this but someone told me that its Ipad2 may get unveiled in March 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts