What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pop up alert mail cannot connect?...

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go into my mail I get a repetitive alert that the mail cannot connect and I'm not sure what causes it. most of my mail seems to get through but one of my email addresses seems to be choking the transfer.

Your thoughts for a solution? I've tried deleting the address I thought might be the culprit and re-entering it. No change.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I go into my mail I get a repetitive alert that the mail cannot connect and I'm not sure what causes it. most of my mail seems to get through but one of my email addresses seems to be choking the transfer. Your thoughts for a solution? I've tried deleting the address I thought might be the culprit and re-entering it. No change.
You could try the usual fixes, such as restarting your device, resetting it or force closing apps. Usually deleting the account and setting it up again should solve the problem.
What you still can try is access your email account through a browser. Perhaps the password isn't right, and you can solve it this way, or an email is causing the account issue. You'll have to find out which email account is the reason to this. I didn't get this popup for quite a while now, but if memory serves right, it should be visible in that popup.
If this doesn't fix your problem, contact your email provider. There you should get help solving this.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agree with J. A. But you do not mention if you cannot send or receive and if you are using IMAP. The reason I ask is that I have this problem occasionally with one of my accounts.

Most reactions