What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email addresses

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else on here has an email address provided by a private ISP? For example, I have a small business for which I have a web site,let's say www.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk hosted by a Brit company. I also have an email address relating to the same website, i.e. [email protected].
As such I have to manually input the details for the iPad and this seems fine, everything works okay. And then, for no reason at all, my iPad tells me that it cannot connect to server or outgoing mail can't be sent ( which I know is an smtp issue).
Sending and receiving mails is fine for a while then all of a sudden I have to delete the account(s) (I have two separate web sites and corresponding email addresses) and reinstall them. My details, password, ports haven't changed yet this occurs every now and then. Only on my ipad I might add, my PC and mobile are fine.
If anyone on here has experienced the same, I would love to know about it and what one does to sort it out other than deleting and restoring the email account.
The last time this occurred was within the last few days when I upgraded the IOS to 7.0.4.
Mike

Last edited:
OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just Googled this issue and some other users have experienced the same as me after upgrading the IOS. The only advice given is to delete and reinstall the email accounts. I hope Apple can sort this as it is a real pain having to do this every now and again. It really does seem to be an iPad issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts