What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Confirm Large PDF can be read.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a go-no go for me on the Ipad 2 I know there are apps to read PDFs what I need to know if will the IPAD handle large PDF documents can be read 1200+ pages. I have several technical documents that I am hoping to use on the IPAD. Does it work or is it choppy and glitchy? What app is the best?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most Forum members report that GoodReader, the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad, is the best PDF reader for large documents. I've not read one as large as you are proposing - but 300 pages is certainly no problem. I'm sure other Forum members will be able to report on this as GoodReader is consistently voted the No.1 'Must Have' app for the iPad. There seems to be some uncertainty as to whether the iPad2 has the same or twice the memory (RAM) as the iPad1 - which, I guess, would impact its ability to read really large documents. We all know that the iPad2 has a greater CPU performance and a significantly better graphics performance than its predecessor but whether the current edition of GoodReader can take advantage of that is, at best, uncertain.

1200 pages!! That *is* a big document!!

Tim
Scotland

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works well. Other's have posted no lag with 50+ MB PDFs.

Only issue I have is the screen is a bit small for some PDFs (letter sized ones) and the panning and scrolling gets old. Really have to read them in landscape a half page at a time.

But otherwise, an iPad with Goodreader is the best gadget I've found for PDFs currently, and a big reason why I'm getting an iPad 2.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problem for me. There are some cases where images are scanned and can cause problems, but for me, 100% reliable, and I use it all the time, every say - often for many hours.

My biggest .PDF is over 500 MB and opens without issue (in GoodReader).

Most reactions

Latest posts