What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing with dictation

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Captains log 2012 June 14. I'm playing with the dictation feature on the iPad. Nothing else interesting to report. Works pretty good, doesn't it?

Especially when you consider that I'm not making any corrections.

Well, off to the final frontier then.

Goodbye for now.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So, why don't you give it a try.

The rules are that you cannot make corrections. With the exception, that you can change the options if a word is underlined in blue. But you can not cheap. But that's only the options that you were offered.

offered.

Go a head, give it a try.

Wow, that didn't work nearly as well as the first round.

You are allowed to do an short sections. Adding one or two sentences and then going ahead and stopping to see what you got.

Tapping to move the cursor to a
to
Read between lines is also allowed. I mean you can add new sentences in between previous lines by moving the cursor.

Good luck!

Last edited:

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I played this game too sir. But sometimes I experienced an error message and it restarts my Ipad, have you also experienced it too?

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
valinrace said:
I played this game too sir. But sometimes I experienced an error message and it restarts my Ipad, have you also experienced it too?

This is never happened to me, but dictation will timeout if you go over a certain limit. It is best dictate your sentences in short bursts. One or two sentences out of time, never more than a paragraph.

Tip:
To continue with another paragraph, say new paragraph. If you actually want to print new

All you have to do is pause in the middle of the lot of the phrase. I didn't pause long enough that time let's try again, new paragraph. New line can be printed the same way. This phrase is used to just create one
Instead of an entire paragraph. Correction, create one line feed.

The same trick works for punctuation that has two words for instance: question mark, exclamation point, et cetera.

Punctuation that only uses one word is much more difficult to insert as a word. I'm still working on that problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts