Pink-highlighted text vs red dot underlined text

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Padcatt, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Padcatt

Padcatt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I’m unclear what the pink-highlight text is trying to tell me, but I can’t seem to dismiss it. It’ll happen if I don’t complete a word. I think the OS is trying to help me, but if the User doesn’t want that help at that time, how does s/he dismiss the pink highlighting and resume working on the pink-highlighted word? No amount of tapping will let me insert the cursor where I need. iPad OS must place a very high value on this pink highlighting.

Thank you for any clues!

2. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    It also happens if you end a sentence with a correctly-spelled word iOS doesn't know. If you move the cursor elsewhere, it's a nightmare trying to reposition it after the period. Very annoying, especially since iOS doesn't let you add new words to its dictionary. I solved it by turning off spellcheck. I still get red dots and suggestions, but it seems to have nuked the pink highlight.

I hear cursor control in iPadOS 13 is even worse. Why can't we use the shift key to get delete-forward?

#2 LannyC, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  3. PrismStudios

PrismStudios
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Triskadecaphobia?

4. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I never thought about it that way, Laura, but you may be onto something... ;)

5. PrismStudios

PrismStudios
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    it is iOS 13. L.