Photos with OS 5

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by newenglander, Oct 27, 2011.

1. newenglander

newenglander iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a way to move photos from 'last imported' or 'all imported' to EXISTING photo folders?
    It asks me to create a new folder/name only. I can't see a way to move to an already existing folder...?

Thanks in advance!
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +953 / 0
    Well if you create and name a 'new' folder on the iPad, then images can be moved into that folder - just 'open' the folder and press the option w/ the arrow (upper right corner); next to 'Cancel' an 'Add Photos' button will appear - by selecting that button, all of the photos on your iPad show up and you can select those desired to add to the folder created on the iPad - I'm assuming that this can be sync w/ either your computer or via iCloud but I've not performed those actions yet - hopefully others will 'chime in'?

Now if your folders were created on your computer and then a sync performed - those folders of course show up in the Photo app but I don't believe that the 'Add' option is available (vs. making a new folder on the iPad) - thus, seems to depend on 'where' the folder(s) was made - of course, you could transfer images from the iPad to the computer's HD photo folders and sync - looking forward to responses from others; I just upgraded to iOS 5 and have not become that familiar w/ the newest features of the native photo app - good luck! :)
  3. newenglander

newenglander iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I guess since the folders I have on the iPad now were created on the desktop then synced there is no
    option to move photos into them directly on the ipad.