What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos with OS 5

newenglander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to move photos from 'last imported' or 'all imported' to EXISTING photo folders?
It asks me to create a new folder/name only. I can't see a way to move to an already existing folder...?

Thanks in advance!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well if you create and name a 'new' folder on the iPad, then images can be moved into that folder - just 'open' the folder and press the option w/ the arrow (upper right corner); next to 'Cancel' an 'Add Photos' button will appear - by selecting that button, all of the photos on your iPad show up and you can select those desired to add to the folder created on the iPad - I'm assuming that this can be sync w/ either your computer or via iCloud but I've not performed those actions yet - hopefully others will 'chime in'?

Now if your folders were created on your computer and then a sync performed - those folders of course show up in the Photo app but I don't believe that the 'Add' option is available (vs. making a new folder on the iPad) - thus, seems to depend on 'where' the folder(s) was made - of course, you could transfer images from the iPad to the computer's HD photo folders and sync - looking forward to responses from others; I just upgraded to iOS 5 and have not become that familiar w/ the newest features of the native photo app - good luck! :)

OP
N

newenglander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I guess since the folders I have on the iPad now were created on the desktop then synced there is no
option to move photos into them directly on the ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts