What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos storage

Juliewr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to iPad so excuse if this is a daft question (or even in the wrong forum) I want to upload photos of my daughter to iPad which I've done - so I have folders called jan,feb,march etc but when I sync to put June on will I need to re sync jan, feb etc. ? By the end of the year will I have to re sync eve month to keep the photos ?or can I store them or protect them? If the photos are already stored and i re -syncing is the process quicker than uploading them in the first place?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be honest here - using iTunes to keep track of photos confuses and scares me! I don't want to mess around with syncing, maintaining the folders, etc., all so that iTunes will play nicely with photos. Plus, it's a little restricting - that you can't do things on your iPad.

So, if I may, I'd recommend you get a photo manager app from the App Store. I have Photo-Sort ($1.99 USD), which allows me to make folders (including sub-folders), move photos around within folder or to the Photo app, e-mail/upload photos and even wirelessly sync the app with my PC.

So, you can set up folders for each/any month. Then, when needed, you just upload/update the month you wish - or create a new one. Very intuitive and easy app to use.

There are others- this is just one that I've decided is the best. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The basic Apple way is, if it is checked in iTunes, apps, photos, videos, etc, it will be synced to the iDevice, IF it's NOT already there. If it is already on the iDevice, iTunes will skip it during sync. If you uncheck it in iTunes it will be deleted from the iDevice, this is the only way iTunes has to know, what you want to keep and what you want to delete. A very simple method that the iTunes haters can't seem to fathom.

If it's checked it is put on the iDevice or it stays on the iDevice.
If it's NOT checked it is removed from the iDevice. Not from iTunes.

Bostonvince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm storing my photos on dropbox so i can view them anywhere in case I forget my iPad. My Droid phone can also preview them on the go. It's like icloud preview with cross platform capabilities.

Most reactions

Latest posts