What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to sync photos

wigg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am new to my ipad2. I synced with my pc and for some weird reason only half my photos have come across. It recognises 6000 photos in the folder but only uploads 3500 ie till June 2010. I seem to have plenty of storage space. I am at a loss as to why it won't work...... Also on the videos it takes some ie up to march 2011 but nothing since then. Can anyone help.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am new to my ipad2. I synced with my pc and for some weird reason only half my photos have come across. It recognises 6000 photos in the folder but only uploads 3500 ie till June 2010. I seem to have plenty of storage space. I am at a loss as to why it won't work...... Also on the videos it takes some ie up to march 2011 but nothing since then. Can anyone help.
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With respect to your question, here is some very good information about troubleshooting photo sync issues:

iTunes: Unable to sync photos

I ran into the exact same thing once. I could sync some, but not all of the photos I wanted to on my iPad. After a lot of research I stumbled across the solution (at least this worked for me). It involved removing the iPod Cache folder (even though it's for the iPad, it's still called "iPod") referred to in that Apple document. Here's how to do that if the other suggestions don't work:

iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder

Once I did that a new folder was automatically re-created and everything has worked perfectly since.

Hope that helps!

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
W

wigg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's gone from bad to worse! I followed your instructions and all the album names seem to have synced across but the albums are empty. My pc is showing that the iPad is using up the memory space for the photos but they seem to be absent. I tried to repeat it all over again and now it won't wipe these empty albums off even I say not to sync any photos at all. Have no idea what to do next.........

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's gone from bad to worse! I followed your instructions and all the album names seem to have synced across but the albums are empty. My pc is showing that the iPad is using up the memory space for the photos but they seem to be absent. I tried to repeat it all over again and now it won't wipe these empty albums off even I say not to sync any photos at all. Have no idea what to do next.........
To be clear, all of the photos that you want on your iPad are stored on your computer correct? If so, I'd try deleting everything to do with Photos on the iPad and then try to re-sync.

Connect your iPad to your computer. Open iTunes (if it doesn't automatically open) and click on your iPad in the left-hand column. Click on the "Photos" tab in iTunes. Uncheck "Sync Photos From..." and confirm "Remove Photos". Click on "Apply". Disconnect your iPad and shut iTunes down. This will remove all photos, albums, etc. on your iPad. Do NOT do this if you don't have the originals on your computer of course!

Reconnect your iPad, open iTunes, click on your iPad in the left-hand menu, click on the "Photos" tab and re-check "Sync Photos From...". Under that check the appropriate albums, etc. that you want to transfer. (You might even create and check just one small album first to ensure things are working okay before going through transferring all of your photos.) Click on "Apply" and let it sync.

From your description it sounds like a corrupted iPod cache file so hopefully this will correct it. But if not, following Apple's directions to re-create it may be in order.

Hope that helps this time...hang in there...I'm sure that it will work eventually!

Most reactions

Latest posts