What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photography

Emerald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone out there using their Ipad for downloading raw files from camera, in particular Nikon D5000? Am about to replace my card reading storage device, and I want an Ipad, who doesn't, but suspect process is unwieldy. Card is SD 8 GB extreme. What is anyone's experience/solution?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wait for the iPad 2. It is probably going to have a camera and better hardware.

That might also change the way it handles photo import and export. Right now I wouldn't recommend it for what you are asking, because as you suspect it is to unwieldy for professional or serious amateur use.

That's my oppinion of the iPad as a field storage device. For other stuff like displaying your portfolio, it is excellent. But with the probable release of the next model in a couple months, I still recommend you wait and see what new features they bring to market.

Most reactions

Latest posts