What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo stream

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to delete photos from the photo stream album. There is no delete option when I open it, if I choose Edit the only option is share.
I have way to many that I don't want anymore and cannot figure out how to delete them.
Thanks

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What version of iOS are you running? Is this a shared photo stream or just the regular photo stream?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine shows a trash can..... :p
iOS6

image.jpg

OP
J

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry I should have said, its the photos in the shared stream. If I click edit there is a speech bubble in the corner of the picture and the option is to share. There is no delete option like there is in the regular album.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jen3247 said:
I'm sorry I should have said, its the photos in the shared stream. If I click edit there is a speech bubble in the corner of the picture and the option is to share. There is no delete option like there is in the regular album.

Did you start the photo stream? Or did someone share it with you?

If you started the photo stream (if you invited other people to yours) you can delete pictures after pressing edit.

If its someone else's photo stream (if someone invited you to their photo stream) you can't delete any pictures from there.

Sounds like its someone else's shared photo stream and they invited you to it.

Under the albums it tell whether it is "shared by me" or "shared by (name)"

Attachments

• image-2518764018.jpg
    image-2518764018.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
OP
J

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is shared pictures my daughter has sent me. Seems there should be a way tho for me to not have to keep every one she sends.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jen3247 said:
Yes it is shared pictures my daughter has sent me. Seems there should be a way tho for me to not have to keep every one she sends.

Yeah, especially when they are uploading embarrassing photos (personal experiences). But yeah, it's an all or nothing kind of deal. You could unsubscribe from the entire album, but you wouldn't get any more pictures from her at all unless she adds you again.

But to ease any concerns that may be bothering you, if its the notifications, you could turn those off in settings > notification center> photos and turn off the badges, alerts, and sounds. And anything they upload will not use up any space in your iCloud (I believe); anything in their shared photo stream should be uploaded in their iCloud, you are just able to see the pictures she uploads.

Most reactions

Latest posts