What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad photos

kellylaubill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original iPad and want to know how to remove photos from photo stream without deleting them from an album. The only option I see is if I delete it will delete everywhere.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the original iPad and want to know how to remove photos from photo stream without deleting them from an album. The only option I see is if I delete it will delete everywhere.
Hi, welcome to iPF!

While you can remove pictures from PhotoStream without affecting all other albums on your device, it's impossible to delete them from Camera Roll without deleting photos everywhere else as well.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Kelly....​ - welcome to the forum! :) Just for starters & since you have the iPad 1 (i.e. w/o a camera), are the photos on your device those synced from a computer or possibly from a CCK (Camera Connection Kit) for that device (I have an iPad 2, so not sure whether the a kit worked w/ the original iPad?) - this answer will impact on how to remove these photos - SO, please post back to this thread for further advice - Dave :)

OP
K

kellylaubill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kelly....​ - welcome to the forum! :) Just for starters & since you have the iPad 1 (i.e. w/o a camera), are the photos on your device those synced from a computer or possibly from a CCK (Camera Connection Kit) for that device (I have an iPad 2, so not sure whether the a kit worked w/ the original iPad?) - this answer will impact on how to remove these photos - SO, please post back to this thread for further advice - Dave :)

Some of my pictures are from my computer but most are saved images from emails and messages.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some of my pictures are from my computer but most are saved images from emails and messages.

Hi Kelly... - well, the photos from those sources (i.e. emails & messages) would have been saved in the 'Camera Roll' (CR) of the native Photo App; if you made 'Albums' in that app, then the images in those albums are simply stored as 'links', i.e. if the image(s) in the CR is deleted, then all of the links are eliminated hence the reason for the message 'deleted everywhere'.

Now, there are 3rd party apps in which photos can be imported and are 'saved' there in the app's own 'sandbox', e.g. I have the Linkus app HERE - images can be imported (and arranged) which are 'copied' to the app, thus deleting them from your CR will make no difference, BUT will not save a lot of storage space on your iPad if that is your objective - let us no if this additional information is helpful or whether you have further questions. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts