What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo quality

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The quality of the photos taken on my ipad is so poor as to be not worth taking them at all. I have so far failed to take a photo which is not abysmal quality. Are there some settings somewhere which I ned to change, or is the camera just useless?
Thanks anyone who can advise ;)

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took some photos the other day which I thought turned out fairly well - but then I'm not a great photographer by any means...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera is low-quality, intended for video calls and such, rather than photography.

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
The iPad camera is less than 1 megapixel, making it next to useless for photos. As previously said, it's fine for FaceTime, where too much video resolution would be difficult to transmit smoothly.

OP
W

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah thanks. That explains it. No good for photos - my phone camera is 10000 times better!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I was bummed about the camera but in reality, it's awkward to try to take photos with it anyway. The front facing camera, as said above, is great for Skype/FaceTime though.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

hovnikyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
iPad front camera is poor, but what about back camera ?

We have used iPad camera images in our iPad app . So user can import images right from camera when make shots. Of course it's not like professional one but mostly not bad quality, even you want quickly make some video using your camera shots.

I would like to recommend our app , it's free and powerful there is soon another version for Xmas .

That's called Foto Flo, Holiday version soon !!!!
Give your visuals a voice !

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi there,
iPad front camera is poor, but what about back camera ?

Well, the back camera is also poor in resolution - about .7 MP (my first digital camera in the 1990s was 2 MP!) - the amount of lighting (such as daylight) seems to improve the quality somewhat as is evident from the link given previously.

NOW, the new iPhone 4S has an 8 MP camera - great stills w/ that one! Will Apple put in a better camera in the next iPad - who knows? :)

Most reactions

Latest posts