What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 or iPad 3? Please help!

sally206

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'm new to the forum, and I am getting money towards an iPad for the Spring Festival. For awhile, I was set on getting the iPad 2...... until I read that the iPad 3 would be released sometime in early 2012. The one thing about the iPad 2 that is "so so" for me is the camera quality. For those of you who have the iPad 2 and have used the camera, how poor is the quality? I have tested it at the store, but want to know what users who have used it for a longer period of time think. I will frequently be using facetime to videochat with family, so the quality is sort of important to me.

Overall, do you think I should wait for the iPad 3? Or just go ahead and get the iPad 2 now?

Thanks, I am looking forward to this forum!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FaceTime quality is good, I've found. Photo-quality otherwise -- as in taking photos, which it wasn't designed for -- it's a nonstarter, but I wouldn't want to take photos with it anyway, unless I was trying to take a grainy, blurry photo for some reason, lol.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, you might be interested in this for FaceTime quality: Skype Vs Facetime From Pcmag Com

Note that this is on iPod touch / iPhone, not iPad. But in case you wanted to compare Skype vs. FaceTime. YMMV, of course.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts