What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo manipulation on new iPad 3

vin52ny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I do not understand is, why does Apple care what I do with my photos on my iPad. I purchased the new iPad from Apple, as far as I can imagine the iPad now belongs to me. The photos on the iPad are mine they were either taken with my camera or my iPhone. Why does Apple want to prevent me from deleting my own photos? It makes no sense to me.
And while I'm at it why when you edit a photo does it go to your Photo Roll, rather than having it stay in the folder it resides in, and then not give you the ability to replace the original photo. I think Apple needs to give us more control over our own files.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vin52ny said:
What I do not understand is, why does Apple care what I do with my photos on my iPad. I purchased the new iPad from Apple, as far as I can imagine the iPad now belongs to me. The photos on the iPad are mine they were either taken with my camera or my iPhone. Why does Apple want to prevent me from deleting my own photos? It makes no sense to me.
And while I'm at it why when you edit a photo does it go to your Photo Roll, rather than having it stay in the folder it resides in, and then not give you the ability to replace the original photo. I think Apple needs to give us more control over our own files.

If you remove all effects from the picture in your photo roll it will no longer be in your photo roll. iPhoto doesn't allow you to delete edited but yet unsaved images from within iPhoto. I'm unsure but you may be able to delete images in your photo roll regardless if done from your image browsing screen. In either case apple is not taking liberties with your pictures.

Read the documentation and help screens and you will gain a better understanding of the software.

OP
vin52ny

vin52ny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I do not believe for one second that Apple is taking any liberties with any of my files or photos, or anyone else's either. My issue is that the iPad would be so much more productive if users were allowed access to their files on the iPad via an Explorer type application. I was able to sort out my photo issue by going to my pc and arranging and deleting the photos I wanted to delete, and then syncing with iTunes. So, my question again is why does Apple not want us in the file system? I know the iPad could be Jail-Broken, and then these options could be available. But I do not want to go that route because that causes other issues that I would rather not deal with. If they are not going to give us an SD slot, they should at least give us an Explorer type application so we can transfer files between our pc's and our iPads without having to use iTunes or the Cloud. I could go on forever with this rant, but I will not. I do enjoy the iPad and could see myself not using my pc if I did not have to. But, the way the iPad is designed at this time that is just not possible. Maybe someday!

Most reactions

Latest posts