What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos from imac to ipad

dglas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Attempting to transfer photos to ipad via itunes. Although the ipad is connected with usb it does not show up in Devices in itunes. I know it is connected because it wants to download photos from the ipad to the desktop. I have done it before but can't remember how. I do remember that I had to do something to prevent it deleting all the photos already on the ipad. To me it is unbelievable that it is so complicated to get photos onto an ipad.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The problem is that iTunes doesn't always see the iPad. Try launching iTunes, and if the iPad doesn't appear in 10 seconds, unplug the USB cable then plug it back in while iTunes is still active. That has worked for me.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
D

dglas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK so now I can get everything going with Transfer App. However when I attempt to upload from computer to an album on ipad I get a message stating that album is not editable. Does this mean I can not upload to existing albums but rather must always create new albums?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK so now I can get everything going with Transfer App. However when I attempt to upload from computer to an album on ipad I get a message stating that album is not editable. Does this mean I can not upload to existing albums but rather must always create new albums?

I'm guessing the existing album in question was created via iTunes sync. These albums are created and maintained by iTunes, whereas any album you create on the iPad manually, you should be able to upload to.

Most reactions