What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad photo albums not arranged alphabetically.

Poita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has always annoyed me that i cant arrange the photos in albums in alphabetical order. Now with iOS 6 the photo albums themselves are not arranged in alphabetical order. Does Apple design to make it easier for the computer to use or for the human user?
I DO NOT CARE when each photo or album was 'last modified' so why do Apple force me to view photos and albums in that order? At least give us a choice in settings.
Of course there are some advances in design with iOS 6, iPad users can now set an alarm without leaving the thing on all night but its a massive step back that now all the photo albums are randomly ordered rather than alphabetically ordered.

Whan unbelievably stupid and obtuse design choice.

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Poita said:
It has always annoyed me that i cant arrange the photos in albums in alphabetical order. Now with iOS 6 the photo albums themselves are not arranged in alphabetical order. Does Apple design to make it easier for the computer to use or for the human user?
I DO NOT CARE when each photo or album was 'last modified' so why do Apple force me to view photos and albums in that order? At least give us a choice in settings.
Of course there are some advances in design with iOS 6, iPad users can now set an alarm without leaving the thing on all night but its a massive step back that now all the photo albums are randomly ordered rather than alphabetically ordered.

Whan unbelievably stupid and obtuse design choice.

Mine are still in alphabetical order after updating

alksaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Poila,
I just installed iOS 6 on an iPhone. My Photo Albums also aren't in alphabetical order. But, before the update, I added 3 photos to My Pictures. I created a new folder in My Pictures and moved the image files into it. Now, the folder that I sync to, My Pictures, has ALL image files inside of folders. Resynced the iPhone and everything is in alphabetical order.

Maybe it was the image files outside any folder that "confused" the alpha-listing of the albums? Hope it works for you.

Reaction score
I'vm at my wits end. Ever since ios6 my albums will still sync in order but not my photos in the albums and they always did until now. I have the latest mountain lion, i photo, aperture, i tunes, everything. I've been on the phone with ios6 senior advisors and many appointments with the local genius bar and no one can get it to re sync properly. Most people have said that ios6 now only syncs with "date". I even bought a 32gb iflash drive to solve the problem and then find out it only works with ios5.
So, if anyone has a way to sync my many photos onto my ipad the way that they used to be again, please let me know. A drop box is not an option since I have to be able to keep my photos on the ipad in order since they are scanned photos of customer's inventory and I don't always have a good 3g or wifi everywhere I go to access the photos.

Most reactions

Latest posts