What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo app

ultimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a photo app that I can print any size pic and also adjust the quality of print of the photo in the printer output.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To get everything you want you'll probably have to do it in two steps.

While there are a number of good photo editing apps they all use the built in Print ability of iOS, which does not let you do much, if anything, about size or quality of the print. The new iPhoto app is a pretty good starter app for editing and touching up your prints, but there are many others.

The only way to get the kind of control you want over your printer is to use a printer specific app. Search in the App Store for your printer brand and see what turns up. The features will vary, so there is no telling whether what you want will be covered, or even if your printer will be supported.

To print from whatever photo app you choose you will need to use the Open In another app option, and open it in your printer app. This should be present in almost any photo editing app you chose, but the exact method will vary.

This is about half speculation on my part, based on how iOS works and the one or two apps I have. I don't have a printer specific app at this time. So, research carefully, and good luck.

OP
U

ultimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get everything you want you'll probably have to do it in two steps. While there are a number of good photo editing apps they all use the built in Print ability of iOS, which does not let you do much, if anything, about size or quality of the print. The new iPhoto app is a pretty good starter app for editing and touching up your prints, but there are many others. The only way to get the kind of control you want over your printer is to use a printer specific app. Search in the App Store for your printer brand and see what turns up. The features will vary, so there is no telling whether what you want will be covered, or even if your printer will be supported. To print from whatever photo app you choose you will need to use the Open In another app option, and open it in your printer app. This should be present in almost any photo editing app you chose, but the exact method will vary. This is about half speculation on my part, based on how iOS works and the one or two apps I have. I don't have a printer specific app at this time. So, research carefully, and good luck.

Thanks for your reply appreciated, I have checked for Epson printer apps but there are only a few and those don't do what I want so at the moment I am in limbo just have to see what turns up hopefully sooner than later, thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My mother would like the same thing. The closest I've come in my research is to use one of the collage apps to fit several photos to a page, and print that. I haven't found an app that I really like, but I haven't been looking very hard either; so I won't recommend any; but there are dozens of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts