What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printers

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HP photo smart C4599 all in one printer; can you advise the best printing app. to use with an ipad 3?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Waters - first, your HP printer does not seem to be on the list of those compatible w/ Apple's AirPrint (Check HERE); second, check the HP support forums for your printer to see if a 'wireless' printer solution exists?

Finally, for myself - I have an iPad2 & a Canon Pixma printer (not AP compatible); for well over a year I have been using a small program on my desktop computer (nothing needed on the iPad2) called FingerPrint (Collobos Software) - a new version is available (and more costly than my first version), but has worked great for my hardware combination - good luck! :)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check the website for the manufacturer of your wireless router. Mine (Netgear) offers a free app for Mac or PC that turns any connected printer into an AP printer. Once the app is running on my Mac, the printer simply works from my iPad.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

oldwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hi Waters - first, your HP printer does not seem to be on the list of those compatible w/ Apple's AirPrint (Check HERE); second, check the HP support forums for your printer to see if a 'wireless' printer solution exists?

Finally, for myself - I have an iPad2 & a Canon Pixma printer (not AP compatible); for well over a year I have been using a small program on my desktop computer (nothing needed on the iPad2) called FingerPrint (Collobos Software) - a new version is available (and more costly than my first version), but has worked great for my hardware combination - good luck! :)

Does the pc that FingerPrint is on have to be on line for the printers to work?

Most reactions

Latest posts