[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mickey330, Dec 1, 2010.

1. mtsant21

mtsant21
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Goodluck then

2. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Is there a supply shortage for UK orders?

My Zaggmate w/keyboard was pre-ordered on 11/4 and is In-Progress since 19/4. I had send Zagg.com an email regarding this issue two days ago, but so far without response.

Considering, that various other users already received their Zaggmate, do I find it odd, that mine doesn't even have a shipping estimate.

3. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'll be in the office in a couple hours and get the latest. I know our fulfillment center in the UK had some issues but I don't want to give misinformation. I'll be back shortly with an update.

4. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ok, figured I'd post my experience at the Apple Store today... Of course, I couldn't make the problem happen in front of the guy (as soon as he walked away it happened though!)... The Apple tech then plugged a cable into my iPad to run some sort of diagnostics (anyone what they use to do that?) and that app reported "insufficent application memory" as the "problem", which the Tech assured me that the program is ALWAYS right!

Basically, he was saying that I need to close apps on the task bar to avoid these memory shortages!!! I thought apple told you that you dind';t have to do that since it does it automatically?!??!~

So, we then proceeded to close all apps and I was still able to make it happen (with only mail running). So, then the guy tells me my firmware must have been corrupt (since it can't be a lack of memory since Mail was the only app running at that point!).

They were actually not going to replace it for me! Obviously, I kept complaining and eventually I got my iPad exchanged. Basically, they were trying to tell me that it was NOT a hardware issue.

Oh, and by the way - the problem is NOT occurring on the replacement iPad! So, I really do believe it was a hardware issue.... So much for that app never being wrong! :)

I'm sorry, but the tech I got today was NOT very good...

5. mtsant21

mtsant21
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Let me say that NOT only your UK fulfillment center Is having some issues. ZAGG is fulfilling orders from Europe in general with long delays. It's not a fair explanation to your customers that your international shipping facility has moved to Ireland. Also the partial refund for delay is not the best of the practices.

You DID waited a large amount of orders for the zaggmate for ipad2. It was obvious. So much advertisement and lots of pre-orders. You had to be prepared!

I've ordered it on 19/04. Order number: EU3382724. Still in process status. Count the working days by yourself and count also a 7-10 days for shipping to Greece.

I DO LIKE your product but I have to complain because I would like to order again from ZAGG in the future and I want better quality of business with faster order processing.

To ZAGG: Thank you in advance for reading this and hope you can do something to press the situation.

6. Ayrshire

Ayrshire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change the $ sign to a GBP sign.

I've tried holding down the $ sign but that just gives me a row of $$$$$$$
    The international key just allows you to change English from US/ UK.

Hope somebody can explain how I do this, thank you

7. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ayrshire.

Don't ask me why Apple chose this key combo, but it is alt+3. By the way, try some other Alt+ combinations, the will give you some useful ones.

mtsant21.

Regarding your delayed shipment. I am very sorry for the way this has been handled. I'm sorry if I confused you earlier by my comment. I was just saying I wanted to get the facts and report back to you. I knew it had something to do with our UK fulfillment but I didn't want to even guess the specifics. Now I've got them.

I want to start by making it very clear that this is not an excuse, it is an explanation of an unexpected combination of events. For the new Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG, we decided to use our new fulfillment center in Ireland to handle all orders in the EU and surrounding areas. In so doing, our US fulfillment center didn't pay any attention to those orders. They may not have even seen them. For an odd set of circumstances I will not even try to explain here, the shipment never made it to Ireland. By the time we became aware of this, we transferred the responsibility to fulfill those orders back to our center in the US. By the time they received it, they were out. We ran out last Friday and got another large shipment today. This SHOULD be the very last time we ever have more than the standard 1-2 processing for this product. Check your email; yours may go out today, if not, Monday looks like a sure thing.

I am very sorry for the trouble this has caused and I appreciate the patience you have shown so far. The demand for this product has been tremendous and that little hiccup getting units to Ireland made your delays worse than anyone else. I am very sorry.

Thanks,

David

8. antonio107

antonio107
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Mine is going to Canada, and it still hasn't arrived. :(

Question about Bluetooth keyboards! I like using the shift key with arrows to precisely select a few words to highlight, make bold, etc. Does the iPad have this functionality? Even my blackberry does, so there's no good reason why it shouldn't!

9. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The iPad has this as well as all the special functions: cmd-c, etc

10. antonio107

antonio107
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yay!