What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pdf reader

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys i need a gd PDF reader app in order to read my courses' slides and notes.. the ones i have cannot read mathematical symbols they just give me empty squares instead.
i have:
docs to go
readdledoc
PDF pro
PDF expert
even iFile
and safari viewer...

can you guys suggest anything please?
btw iBooks is not working for me.. tried to fix it but nothing happened.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you taken a look at Goodreader ($4.99, USD)? It's generally thought of as the "Swiss Army Knife" of apps. It reads PDFs quite well - in fact, you can annotate on PDFs with it.

I also like UPAD, another good PDF reader/viewer.

There's lots of discussion about these two here in the forums, so take a look around. Of course, you can always read the reviews in the App Store...

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but yea i have seen goodreader and it wasnt that good when it came to reading the symbols..
It is realy important that i find a solution cz i dont wana drag my huge laptop all the way down to the library to study..

Any other solutions??

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, but yea i have seen goodreader and it wasnt that good when it came to reading the symbols..
It is realy important that i find a solution cz i dont wana drag my huge laptop all the way down to the library to study..

Any other solutions??

Actually, a pdf document should have the math symbols imbedded. I use Good Reader every day in my electromagnetic field theory research, which is heavily mathematical. If you are trying to read non pdf documents, you must first convert them to pdf. Try Pdf Converter in the App Store. It does a good job with most files.

Can't beat Good Reader. If you are also into handwritten notes, try Note Taker HD. In my opinion it can't be beat!

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes i was just about to post the same info... turned out that the ipad is not reading the symbols only on power point files.. i converted them to pdf and they work normally... it's weird tho..

thanks guys..

persephone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like goodreader, but recently i have lost the "open in" feature. i have been using iannotate instead. it seems to be far superor to goodreader in terms of functionality, but not o intuitive with the interface.

Most reactions

Latest posts