What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF reader apps for iPad 2?

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all guys & gals. First of all I would like to say I'm very excited to be a new member of ipadforums. I've just received an iPad 2 from my brother as a gift because he bought the new iPad last week. Anyway, this is the first time I have owned an iOS device, so there are so much things I couldn't figure out yet. One of those things is that I am looking for an PDF reader apps. Because I'm still a student, I do read a lot of books ;) I've already downloaded iBooks & Adobe Readers but they both have problems in reading books. While iBooks has great speed & smooth, it lacks of PDF basic annotate tools like highlight or note-taking tools. Adobe Readers has more tools but it's really slow.

So could you suggest me what app I should download (or purchase)? I've searched the Appstore and find out iAnnotate, Goodreader & PDF reader pro have a lot of possitive comment and high rating, but I still need some reviews ;). Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English though :rolleyes:

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use GoodReader which is greater apps. Ring a student myself, my personal preference is to not use the iPad as a textbook. While it is a great device for note taking I can't say the same for reading textbooks. I found it annoying to be have to memorize the page that I would need to flip too, while if you have a textbook it's a lot easier.

Regardless, GoodReader is possibly one of the best if not the best apps out there that can read PDFs and do everything you're looking for.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

OP
Z

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use GoodReader which is greater apps. Ring a student myself, my personal preference is to not use the iPad as a textbook. While it is a great device for note taking I can't say the same for reading textbooks. I found it annoying to be have to memorize the page that I would need to flip too, while if you have a textbook it's a lot easier.

Regardless, GoodReader is possibly one of the best if not the best apps out there that can read PDFs and do everything you're looking for.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

Thanks man. I watched some screenshot of GoodReader on AppStore but it seems the app's UI isn't good.
ANW what about iAnnotate or other apps, guys? :confused:

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is hard to beat GoodReader. The UI won't take long to master and GR offers lots of other functionality as well. It isn't that expensive, so you should give it a try. Just don't expect to master all it will do for you after a few minutes with it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

pattimang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found it annoying to be have to memorize the page that I would need to flip too

OP
Z

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is hard to beat GoodReader. The UI won't take long to master and GR offers lots of other functionality as well. It isn't that expensive, so you should give it a try. Just don't expect to master all it will do for you after a few minutes with it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks for the helpful advice. I've downloaded GoodReader last night and at the moment I'm digging into the app. Goodreader UI is a bit ugly but I guess that's why it's really fast in rendering PDF ;)

Btw I also found a free app called "PDF Max" that has many possitive rating and a overall of 4.5 stars . However it's quite clear that the rating system of AppStore is not trustworthy sometimes, because the app is not really that excellent/

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodreader , is quite good! also, if you need more options look at note taker hd !

OP
Z

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodreader , is quite good! also, if you need more options look at note taker hd !

Can you give me the detailed info? What are the "more options" ? :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts