What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF files on iBook

Rob66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a good solution for reading PDF files in iBook yet as Calibre makes my old reference books unreadable, I have the new iBook update but still I don't appear to be able to select them to be able to load on my iPad. I use a MacBook with snow leopard and the most recent version of iTunes.

Many thanks

Bjornsson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange. I have no problems to read pdf files in iBook.
I receive the pdf files through email to my iPad (version 1). When I tap on the pdf attachment, it opens. I then save it to iBook (one of the save options). When I close it. it becomes a document on the shelves in iBook. From there I have no problems to open it again. I use a PC, when I create the pdf file (with the free program doPdf versions 6 and 7) and send the email.
Regards, Roland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Reader777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am having trouble with downloading pdf files to the ipad 2. Although I can download them, when I go to open them there is no content on some. The blank pages are there but no text. I find that google books pdfs come up okay and of the rest its a lottery as to which appear and which are blank. Can anyone anvise this newbie to Ipad whats going wrong ???

John
England

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I carry a lotof manuals in pdf, I use Evernote and 'docs to go' when I hit save, I'm offered which to save to, I select and they appear.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As ipadbraincell suggests, what app are you using to view them? Are you trying to view them in Safari or iBooks or some other app? There are some 'features' of the latest PDF release that cannot be displayed by the iPad but that should be fixed soon.

Tim

Hi

I am having trouble with downloading pdf files to the ipad 2. Although I can download them, when I go to open them there is no content on some. The blank pages are there but no text. I find that google books pdfs come up okay and of the rest its a lottery as to which appear and which are blank. Can anyone anvise this newbie to Ipad whats going wrong ???

John
England

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless you have a problem, not sure if you can alter page length for instance, I wonder if some of your pdf's have a lot of blank pages?

I've just been in several sites hoovering up 30 or more manuals, all worked fine and some run to over 300 pages

Once I view the PDF I Tap the top of the screen, this brings up the 'save in iBooks' and 'save in (choices) icons, select and all done.

Most reactions

Latest posts