What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBook question: PDF gone

oe_tuning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with my iBook app...

Previously I have a switch button on iBook for Books and PDF. if I select Books then all my ePub will be displayed on the shelf and when I select PDF then all my PDF will be shown on the shelf.

Today the switch button is gone, and my PDF files are also not displayed in iBooks. Have anybody experienced the same? How can I retrieve my PDF files in IBooks?

I am on OS 3.2 and iBooks 1.1.2 as of now...

Thank you

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only difference is that my software version is 3.2.1, but my iBooks is the same version and I still have both buttons. Maybe try deleting iBooks and re-installing it and if that doesn't work, I would try the 3.2.1 upgrade.

OP
O

oe_tuning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only difference is that my software version is 3.2.1, but my iBooks is the same version and I still have both buttons. Maybe try deleting iBooks and re-installing it and if that doesn't work, I would try the 3.2.1 upgrade.

Ok thanks...i will give it a try :)

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Are both buttons gone? If so, I'd say you have no PDF's checked in your library and therefore you don't have the option to choose between the two. Before deleting and re-installing anything (which to me is a last resort) check your settings and such when you synch. Make sure you have PDF's checked in your library, etc.

You may want to check this thread too if your PDF's have mysteriously disappeared.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ibooks/7466-ibooks-removes-pdf-sync.html

Last edited:
OP
O

oe_tuning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are both buttons gone? If so, I'd say you have no PDF's checked in your library and therefore you don't have the option to choose between the two. Before deleting and re-installing anything (which to me is a last resort) check your settings and such when you synch. Make sure you have PDF's checked in your library, etc.

Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How did you move your PDFs to iBooks in the first place?

I've got about fifty in from Dropbox and emails, not a single one of them from iTunes.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

I've got about fifty in from Dropbox and emails, not a single one of them from iTunes.

Open iTunes, drag the PDF into your library (the entire library section will turn blue for a moment and you'll see the familiar upload/download bar) and your PDF will be imported to the "Books" section of your library. Sync to your iPad.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Open iTunes, drag the PDF into your library (the entire library section will turn blue for a moment and you'll see the familiar upload/download bar) and your PDF will be imported to the "Books" section of your library. Sync to your iPad.

Oh! That's not what I meant. I was asking how he got his in. And suggesting what he could do instead. Sorry for not being clear...

I use Dropbox because it's quicker for me. I've got stuff spread in three computers. Dropbox is easier to use and faster, no eternal syncs to wait on...

Most reactions

Latest posts