What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC Speakers on an iPad 3

pccoach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have small pc speakers and wanted to avoid buying a set for the iPad if possible. I tried the obvious of plugging them in which didn't work. is there a setting or a way it might work or are they just incompatible. thank you in advance for any help! happy holidays.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If they are amplified speakers then you can buy a cable with a 3.5mm stereo jack on one end and whatever kind of connection you have on the other. Lots of PC speakers will take a regular 3.5 mm stereo cable. I feed my iPad sound into my PC speakers this way.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also use Remote on the iPad for controlling iTunes on your PC. Not quite the same but it works, and saves having to buy new speakers.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
P

pccoach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
P

pccoach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS....Thanks for the idea. sorry for dumb question but how will that amplify music coming frome ipad if in another room?

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
pccoach said:
KevinJS....Thanks for the idea. sorry for dumb question but how will that amplify music coming frome ipad if in another room?

The sound doesn't come from the iPad in this case. The iPad controls the sound coming from the PC.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
P

pccoach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no unfortunately. i had already tried using the 3.5mm stereo jack equipped with the speakers. maybe it's something i did.
i have the same type iPad you do. did the jack you use look like the one in the picture i attached? thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts