What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 speakers crackling?

kagwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
I have a wifi only 16gb white ipad 3, bought in June this year. I use it daily for social networking, emails, gaming...etc, I noticed last night whilst watching on demand tv that there was a crackling/tinny noise through the speakers. I thought it was just the tv program, but it has just happened again whilst listening to music. Is this the beginning of a major problem? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you hear it all the time no matter what the source? I don't know if it is a major problem or not, but I'd take it to an App store as it is still under warranty.

OP
K

kagwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only noticed it last night. Ill keep an eye on it. It has never been dropped but does have some bashes and scratches on the corners and back due to the soft metal casing on the back combined with a case with no corners (stupid), will they at the apple store not put the sound problem down to the average condition of the casing and say its been dropped? Thanks.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No way anyone can know....but a scratch should not impact the speaker....but I guess it just depends on the actually circumstances. If it is always there, it could mean the speaker itself is bad. Best to do a full back up in case they decided to wipe it to see if that fixes the problem.

Most reactions